The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API 2500 or Daking FET III Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 30th December 2014
Here for the gear

API 2500 or Daking FET III

Questions ladies & gents. If you had to give up between one of the two - an API 2500 or a Daking FET III stereo compressors - for a small project based studio mainly involving tracking, mixing and mastering electronic based production, vocals and instruments, which one would you give up and why?
Old 30th December 2014
Lives for gear

I had both in my studio and I sold the Daking. The API 2500 is the first piece of outboard that I ever bought and have never considered selling. Why? I just like it's sound and features and I haven't found a plugin that gets the sound that it does. I found the Daking to a quality compressor but pretty generic - it's type of compression I can easily achieve with a plugin.
Old 31st December 2014
Gear Head
No experience with the Daking, but FWIW I have a 2500 that I use regularly. Its very versatile....great on vocals, phenomenal on drum buss, and can add some nice energy, punch, and movement to things.

Its no often, however, that I have particularly favored on 2 buss applications.
Old 3rd January 2015
Here for the gear

Thanks for the advice guys. Overall, after reading much on both compressors and learning their quirks, it looks like the API 2500 is the favorable choice in versatilely and for our needs. I appreciate your help.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search