The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chandler PSU keeps blowing fuses Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 28th December 2014
Gear Nut

Chandler PSU keeps blowing fuses

Hi,

My Chandler PSU has decided to keep blowing fuses immediately I replace them. I have had a look inside and can see nothing burnt. There are 3 LEDs (Red, Green & Amber) inside and one of them (Amber) doesn't light up. I guess it is showing that the problem is located in that area. Not sure if it's worth getting it looked at or just replace it. Anyone know if there are any common/obvious faults that occur with these PSUs?

Old 28th December 2014
Lives for gear

Hi
If you are replacing fuses with the CORRECT type and they blow then there is a real fault that needs repairing. Since it would appear that not all parts are 'failing' then a repair is probably all that is needed rather than a complete replacement.
Matt S
Old 28th December 2014
Gear Addict

A few years ago I had a very similar problem with the TK BC-1. It would blow a fuse every time I would power it up. I would leave it on all the time but sometimes the power would go out or I would unplug the rack and I would have to change a fuse.
By accident I found the problem.... The TK was in a rack with a monster power conditioner... When I moved the TK to the next rack which has a Furman the problem never came back.
I would have never guess that was the problem but it was. So... It could be your power conditioner?
Old 29th December 2014
Lives for gear

one of my chandler psu´s went down a few years back, wade chandler answered quickly and was very helpful. write him, he´s great!
Old 29th December 2014
Lives for gear
Voltage selector set correctly?
I had a friend blowing fuse on a Chandler psu because of that
plugged into 220v with the selector at 110v
Old 29th December 2014
Depending on how old it is, you could try recapping it. I've done that to all of ours.
I think we have eight. Most of them are from 2005.
Old 29th December 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retinal View Post
Voltage selector set correctly?
I had a friend blowing fuse on a Chandler psu because of that
plugged into 220v with the selector at 110v
Yes, voltage selector is ok. It has been running for a few years without it being tampered with.
Old 30th December 2014
Here for the gear

Give us a call at the shop, and we will get this resolved asap!

Jeremy

Chandler Limited
319-885-4200
Old 30th December 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Sage View Post
Give us a call at the shop, and we will get this resolved asap!

Jeremy

Chandler Limited
319-885-4200
I am in the UK. Is it still ok to call?
Old 31st December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by labman View Post
I am in the UK. Is it still ok to call?
Did you post here instead of contacting Chandler?! If you'd started the other way around you'd probably have a working unit before the weekend. Getting advice from the average guy here in a case like this would risk getting into further problems. It's hi voltage. You could harm yourself, start a fire or whatever. Get help from the people who built it. Happy New 2015!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search