The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MM27 & Room Size Studio Monitors
Old 20th December 2014
Gear Nut

MM27 & Room Size

Hi,

I'm waiting to try a set of MM27s (gen 2) in my small control room - 3.5 (W) x 4 (L) x 4 (H) metres.

Just wondering whether Others have had success with these monitors in a similarly small space?

Thanks

Ps. My room is well treated.
Old 20th December 2014
QRS
Gear Maniac

take the mm35 gen2
Old 20th December 2014
Gear Addict

wow 3.5 x 4 is pretty small for monitors like that.

I have the mm27 gen2s in a room of 20 square meters. But I treated the room HEAVY. It sounds amazing though.
Old 20th December 2014
Lives for gear

I highly doubt you'll be able to treat your room well enough to hear the 27's accurately. I would consider 35's instead. But those will require some heavy bass trapping also. They push low end down to 35hz so your room will fill up quickly. We own them so I'm quite familiar.
Old 20th December 2014
Gear Guru

Get a demo of the mm35's and 45's.
Old 20th December 2014
Here for the gear

Old 20th December 2014
Gear Nut

Thanks for all the feedback - I will have to try them out and see!

I was also considering the MM35s, but I will be moving to a larger room in a year or two, so would like to make a purchase that I can take with me (i.e. where I won't wish for anything bigger)!
Old 21st December 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D View Post
Thanks for all the feedback - I will have to try them out and see!

I was also considering the MM35s, but I will be moving to a larger room in a year or two, so would like to make a purchase that I can take with me (i.e. where I won't wish for anything bigger)!
If the mm27s end up not working in your room, then it's hard for me to see how the mm35s would be much better. The difference in frequency response between the two is not that large. I just installed the mm27s in a room that is smaller than yours, and they sound great, although I have yet to cut a mix on them.

There is a sub cut switch on the back, but I am not even sure if I need to use it. The bass clarity is unreal on the mm27s. On well-produced tracks, it is 3-dimensional. But I do have a ton of treatment in my room...corner traps that are 5 feet deep, etc.
Old 21st December 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKD View Post
If the mm27s end up not working in your room, then it's hard for me to see how the mm35s would be much better. The difference in frequency response between the two is not that large. I just installed the mm27s in a room that is smaller than yours, and they sound great, although I have yet to cut a mix on them.

There is a sub cut switch on the back, but I am not even sure if I need to use it. The bass clarity is unreal on the mm27s. On well-produced tracks, it is 3-dimensional. But I do have a ton of treatment in my room...corner traps that are 5 feet deep, etc.
Hey, that's good to hear!

I probably don't have quite as much treatment as you. But I do have 8 Real Traps bass traps, some rfz panels and some deep gobos stacked at the rear of the room. Plus, I can always add more if I need to...

I really want the 27s to work! Their handling of low end is what really attracts me. Although, I will try out the 35s and the 45s also.
Old 22nd December 2014
Gear Addict

hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
Get a demo of the mm35's and 45's.
could I ask you question? tried to pm you ....
thanks
Old 16th October 2015
Gear Nut

Hey !
So what did you finally chose ? I'm in the same case, small Room and fir sure bigger in 2 years. I only heard the 27GEN2 in show room, amazing. don't if it's better to go to 35gen2
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search