The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cl1b tubes in Cl1a Dragon
Old 16th December 2014
Lives for gear

Cl1b tubes in Cl1a Dragon

I recently rented a cl1b, I really liked the sound of this particular one, upon return we opened it at the rental placed and found it had dragon 12au7 e82cc, can I place these inside the cl1a? What's the difference between these and e83cc. thanks guys
Old 17th December 2014
Lives for gear

1B and 1A are same unit from what I understand. Big diff is tubes on outside for 1A. At least that's the word on the street.
Old 17th December 2014
Lives for gear

Yeah also the word from tube tech. Ps if I only looked in the back. E82cc and e83cc, it will be a while before I get this bad boy up and running so I figured I'd do as much research as possible on what you guys liked for tubes... I want the regular sound... Aka usher... Pop...

From soundfiles posted, the cl1a sounds more intense while the cl1b is softer, but it's subtle and you can def hear it. I don't know which one I prefer to be honest....

Incase you couldn't decipher my rambling, I just picked up a cl1a
Old 18th December 2014
Lives for gear

In my limited experience the cl1a sounds more like a record than the cl1b, I would not say it's brighter, they're about the same. The fixed/manual mode with slow release is one of the best things I've ever heard in my life. Fixed is also great. I used that last night only with great results. Love the compressor. This really more my thing... Shoulda took advices from the beginning. Big complement to the whispy Manley Ref C
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search