The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neve 66062 compressors - Anyone used?
Old 12th December 2014
Gear Maniac

Neve 66062 compressors - Anyone used?

Hi all,

I'm looking at 2 x Neve 66062 compressors, racked up. Unusually for Neve gear, I cant find out much about them. Has anyone used and can add some thoughts on sound and value? They would be used in a mastering context. Thanks in advance. :-)

Cheers,

Tim.
Old 12th December 2014
Lives for gear

Hi
You could ask Geoff Tanner (Aurora) about them, as to which designs they are based on.
Matt S
Old 12th December 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Syson View Post
Hi
You could ask Geoff Tanner (Aurora) about them, as to which designs they are based on.
Matt S
Thanks for that Matt. :-)

"Aurora"? There seem to be a few with variations on that username, but nothing exactly matching, unless I'm missing something…
Old 12th December 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RankAmateur View Post
Thanks for that Matt. :-)

"Aurora"? There seem to be a few with variations on that username, but nothing exactly matching, unless I'm missing something…

Pro Audio Recording Equipment | Aurora Audio
is Geoff's very helpful site. [user forum is great source of info]

Looks like some kinda V variant.
Old 12th December 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Pro Audio Recording Equipment | Aurora Audio
is Geoff's very helpful site. [user forum is great source of info]

Looks like some kinda V variant.
Good call. Thanks. :-)
Old 17th December 2014
Lives for gear

Hi

Sorry Guys

I have never heard of a 66062

I was at Neve from October 1971 to December 1985 and there were no 60000 numbers around at that time.

So it's either a typo and one of the numbers is wrong or it's after the "stuff this, I'm off" time of my departure... the last bastion of the custom division!

It may be to do with later small consoles... the last ones I saw were the 51 series and V1's. They did produce a 55 series some years later.... so maybe there was a 66 series?

Perhaps someone else has one?

Picture?

http://medias.audiofanzine.com/image...6062-95719.jpg

PS Hmmm.... part of a later console, I've never seen before

Old 17th December 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_T View Post
Hi

Sorry Guys

I have never heard of a 66062

I was at Neve from October 1971 to December 1985 and there were no 60000 numbers around at that time.

So it's either a typo and one of the numbers is wrong or it's after the "stuff this, I'm off" time of my departure... the last bastion of the custom division!

It may be to do with later small consoles... the last ones I saw were the 51 series and V1's. They did produce a 55 series some years later.... so maybe there was a 66 series?

Perhaps someone else has one?

Picture?

http://medias.audiofanzine.com/image...6062-95719.jpg

PS Hmmm.... part of a later console, I've never seen before

Thanks Geoff - much obliged. :-)
I'll send you a photo from the seller. Don't want to post it here, as its not mine to post yet... :-)

Cheers,

Tim.
Old 17th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RankAmateur View Post
Thanks Geoff - much obliged. :-)
I'll send you a photo from the seller. Don't want to post it here, as its not mine to post yet... :-)

Cheers,

Tim.
Hi Tim

Yes, I saw your email and also the item for sale on EBay.

I left Neve in December 1985, they folded (poor management) in October 1992 when Siemens had them combine with AMS.

I know they made a 55 series broadcast style console after I left so, based on the double numeral style of numbering, there's a sporting chance they made a 66 something later on.

I don't know what technology it's based on... I don't think it's V/Prism so maybe 88R? Who knows?

Not me!

PS AMS-Neve list 66 console spares on their site... just a P&G fader....
Old 17th December 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_T View Post
Hi Tim

Yes, I saw your email and also the item for sale on EBay.

I left Neve in December 1985, they folded (poor management) in October 1992 when Siemens had them combine with AMS.

I know they made a 55 series broadcast style console after I left so, based on the double numeral style of numbering, there's a sporting chance they made a 66 something later on.

I don't know what technology it's based on... I don't think it's V/Prism so maybe 88R? Who knows?

Not me!

Hia Geoff.

OK. Thanks. :-) Its on Ebay now? Thats news to me - it was a swap thing. Anyway - cheers for the insight.

Best,

Tim.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search