The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studio suggestions for Woodstock NY?
Old 12th December 2014
Gear Maniac

Studio suggestions for Woodstock NY?

Recommendations for well equipped professional studios in the Woodstock NY area? Thanks.
Old 12th December 2014
Lives for gear

Dreamland Recording Studios

I only hear good thing about that place.
Old 12th December 2014
Lives for gear

Flymax
Applehead
Dreamland

Tons of options what are you looking for in particular? Applehead has a Neve, dreamland has an api. Flymax has no console but a rack of great sounding Api's and tons of great outboard, tons of great mics, and a great sounding live room Pete at Flymax is an amazing engineer and a great guy as well.

There are tons of great places up here. Lots of really well equipped home studios too. I live up here and have worked at or at least been to most places. (There is also waterfront in hudson which is not to far away) feel free to pm me with any questions.
Old 12th December 2014
Lives for gear

Clubhouse across the river
Old 12th December 2014
Gear Maniac

It's been a while since I've worked up there. Ever since Bearsville & Allaire closed, it wasn't as much of a destination for me. I thought Dreamland was out as well, glad to hear its online.

Console could be Neve, API. Need a great piano, decent mic selection, etc.

And I'd need to be as close to 'in town' as possible.

Appreciate the direction, thanks.
Old 12th December 2014
Lives for gear

Dreamland is an amazing place to create. superb gear, and an inspiring space for music.
Old 12th December 2014
Lives for gear

Adam Armstrong the house engineer is fantastic at Dreamland and having Jerry around to play drums is awfully handy. They have a great old API console... plus all the toys you'd ever want.

To see the studio look here... The Ultimate DI test with Mr. Tony Levin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-U93h8T7EU&feature=plcp

Applehead and Clubhouse are great as well.
Old 12th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR01 View Post
It's been a while since I've worked up there. Ever since Bearsville & Allaire closed, it wasn't as much of a destination for me. I thought Dreamland was out as well, glad to hear its online.

Console could be Neve, API. Need a great piano, decent mic selection, etc.

And I'd need to be as close to 'in town' as possible.

Appreciate the direction, thanks.
FLYMAX RECORDING 845 6796687 is actually in town. Very nice piano. Great mics.

Applehead Recording — Woodstock NY is 5 mins outside of "town" also has a nice piano and great mics.

Dreamland Recording Studios is 15 mins outside of "town" again great mics and nice piano.
Old 12th December 2014
Gear Addict

Magnetic North if you are looking for something a little less expensive than the three biggest rooms in the area.
32 input Yamaha PM 2k desk, Lots of outboard. lots of experience.

Best.
Magnet
Old 12th December 2014
No one's mentioning Waterfront Studios in Hudson?

http://waterfrontstudios.org/ Helios Console

+1 for Pete Caigan. I just cut half an album with the guy @ Flymax. Great API and mic combinations, and he even let us use his house kit. The acoustic environment for tracking was killer.
Old 12th December 2014
Lives for gear

+2 for Pete. I meant to mention him in my post, great producer, engineer and drummer. He recently bought a killer pair of Gefell UM70's from me. I sure do miss those mic's but know they are in good hands.
Old 14th December 2014
Gear Maniac

Thanks so much guys - appreciate the input, I'll be making calls tomorrow.
Old 15th December 2014
Lives for gear

I was just at Dreamland. We liked it a lot. I've been working there on and off for nearly 20 years. I really like their piano. Clubhouse is nice too. Great mic collections at both places.
Old 15th December 2014
Lives for gear

Clubhouse is a beautiful looking spot. and the 8058 looks fantastic.

Major props to the owner for that place- very nice.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search