Top stereo D/A converter to pre-masterlink...
Old 6th December 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Man, I got to get one of those, BTW, does it sample rate convert, err, I mean rotate phaser frequencies?

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
does all of that and makes a great mocha frappaccino
Old 6th December 2006
Lives for gear

Digital Audio Denmark DAD AX24 DA's
Old 6th December 2006
Watch out using high end DAC's to play Masterlink recorded Red Book discs, the playback is masked. Evaluate the Red Book CD's on a high end CD transport or DVD player, it does make a large difference.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Old 6th December 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahurts View Post
huh?
I definately hear what Jim is saying here! I played back a recording ( CD) out of the Masterlink via analog outputs, then played back the same recording( CD) out of th my DVD player! There's a difference!... ..So now when I mix to my Masterlink, I make my final decision based on what I hear on the DVD player! It just sounds better on playback!... (YMMV)
Old 6th December 2006
Lives for gear

I thought he was talking about the hard drive. His latest post clarifies it though.

I agree that it's not the best CD player in the world, it's a CD ROM drive. But it will clock to a digital studio, most CD players won't. For any important listening you can always copy the data off the disc and play it back from the hard drive, right?
Old 6th December 2006
Lives for gear
I hear a difference just playing any CD back thru the Masterlink! I'm sure the hard drive suffers also, since it passes thru the DA. Could be wrong tho'...
Old 7th December 2006
The hard drive output through an outboard D/A sounds ok, it's the CDR transport that has a problem. This is independent of the onboard D/A or using the digital output. Play a disc in a Masterlinkwith an outboard DAC and compare to a DVD digital out to the same DAC, there's a difference.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Old 22nd May 2013
Burl B2
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search