The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Forssell Fetcode Tube pre?
Old 9th December 2014
Lives for gear

Forssell Fetcode Tube pre?

Anyone had any experience with the Forssell Fetcode tube pre? I've come across one that is available at a reasonable price and am wondering if it's worthy of interest. It's a 2 channel pre made 5-6 years ago but no longer available.
thanks for any input.
Old 9th December 2014
Gear Nut
I have no experience with that unit but I use my SMP2a quite frequently....and it is brilliant in it's clarity. What I would recommend is giving Fred Forssell a call and have a chat with him about his design and intentions when making it. He is such an accessible guy and you will really understand the unit after a chat with him. Best to you.
Old 10th December 2014
Lives for gear

I brought the Fetcode over to our studio today and we were able to record a couple of male VOs with it. Gotta say it's a great sounding unit. Compared to the 1073 and 312 we've been using for VOs it brings out some nice mid to upper detail that the other pre's don't. They all sound very good but the Forssell sounds better on the same mics, almost like a bit of 5-6k has been added, which works great for spoken word. Summary: Clarity with detail, warmth without being too warm, good bottom end without getting boomy or muddy. And it's two channels of gooey goodness. Hadn't planned on adding such a unit to the studio as it popped up on the radar unexpectedly, but it will be a great addition to the room.
Old 14th December 2014
Lives for gear

BTW
The consignment on the Forssell I just acquired also includes two JMP-6 Preamps. I don't have a need for them but if anyone is interested PM me and I'll put you in contact w the person handling the sale. The units are coming out of a pro environment, super clean, well kept.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search