The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Avedis E27 vs Kush Electra 500 Series Preamps
Old 6th December 2014
Gear Head

Avedis E27 vs Kush Electra

Need more EQs. I already own 10 Electras, love them, but was thinking about purchasing 4 to six more EQs. Is the E27 worth more than three times the price?
Old 6th December 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundinista100 View Post
Need more EQs. I already own 10 Electras, love them, but was thinking about purchasing 4 to six more EQs. Is the E27 worth more than three times the price?
We have both here. They are both pretty cool but in very different ways. The Avedis is the smoothest silkiest 500 series eq out there (which is why I bought 16 of them). Is it worth 3 times the price to you? Don't know. It was to me.

Old 6th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've been comparing EQs slowly and have just finished doing a comparison between the Elektra and E27. Because of the price point of the Elektra and that the Greg is such a wealth of great information and great attitude (really dude, you are a g-damn treasure), I realllllllllly wanted to love the Elektra almost as much as I love the Avedis (which I loved more then the Little Devil), but I don't. Is it worth 3x's more. Tough to say, but I do believe it is to me.

I'm a simple man. I'm getting the idea I don't like sweepable eqs, in fact, I wish the volume controls were stepped also. The build is way more superior, the knobs feel weighty in my big fingers. The top end is beautiful. The mids, especially on acoustic guitar and fiddle, which is what I mostly wanted it for (and snare) is pants dropping gorgeous. The Devil was more impressive on snare, but snare smare, I don't care that much about snare.

On the other hand, they are expensive new and not much better used. My current wish is a 6 slot box with 4 E27's and 2 A Designs EMQ2 (or whatever they are called.) The only other one I want to test against the E27 is the Electrodyne, mostly because it has stepped volume pots.

Good luck!
Old 7th December 2014
Lives for gear

+1!! Expensive indeed but probably the best eq ever made in the 500 series! I love my E27's !!
And Avedis is indeed a great dude.. any other company would not even build them this way.. because it's too expensive to manufacture.

They're not cheap I know, but believe it or not they're sold for very little money for what you find inside the box and the high quality craftmanship that's behind the E27.

just my 0,02$,

Cheu
Old 7th December 2014
Gear Head

Old 7th December 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We have both here. They are both pretty cool but in very different ways. The Avedis is the smoothest silkiest 500 series eq out there (which is why I bought 16 of them). Is it worth 3 times the price to you? Don't know. It was to me.

agreed I have both also......Avedis is the ****. Electras are cool too especially for drum tracking but since you have 10 get some e27,s...you wont regret
Old 7th December 2014
Lives for gear

Not to hijack this thread but Trev, That board is just awesome, you should post some more shots of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Old 7th December 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
Not to hijack this thread but Trev, That board is just awesome, you should post some more shots of it.
Thanks man. Let's call it an 'ongoing project'. You can read more about it over here:

Neve/API hybrid console (custom made)
Old 8th December 2014
Gear Head

That is a sick desk. What are the EQs in the center section/
Old 8th December 2014
Lives for gear

aml ez1073's … 8 pre/eq in center section (saw earlier picture)
Old 8th December 2014
Jai guru deva om

Remember also that there are no overlapping frequencies on the Avedis E27 and there are on the Kush Electra, this may dictate one over the other for certain needs.

We have both fully tested and you can definitely hear differences in tone, but also hear how awesome they each are in their own way!

For example, on drums you cannot cut 400hZ while boosting bass frequencies at the same time on the Avedis since both frequencies are located on one switch.

War
Old 8th December 2014
Quote:
That is a sick desk. What are the EQs in the center section/
As Dabifrog says, they are AML's 500 series version of the venerable Neve 1073. Lovely pieces of kit. But let's keep this thread on topic - if you want to ask questions about my desk please go to that thread.

So.... Avedis or Kush?
Old 8th December 2014
Trevor, every time you post that photo, I cry myself to sleep.

Can I have, just, like, y'know, maybe one E27? Just one? Hmm?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search