The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lynx Aurora AES
Old 6th December 2014
Here for the gear
Lynx Aurora AES

Hi guys. Just went to HDX and this means I no longer need to use my AES ins and out to my mac and this can give me total of 16 analog I/O and 16 I/O Digital (AES) on my Aurora 16. Total of 40 I/O (32 aurora + 8 adat HD Omni)

Analog ins on the Aurora are all used by my pre´s and the adat in on HD Omni has an 8 ch preamp hooked up.

I currently have a nice set of pre´s but in the future am gonna need more, and these pre´s needs to be AES out I guess..

How and what would you do with the 16 digitals I/O on the Aurora?

The Aurora goes into secondary port on my HDX PCIe card. The primary port is used by the HD Omni
Old 6th December 2014
Lives for gear

Well, you would probably need to be looking at getting another 16 channel AD/DA that connects via AES/EBU if you were going to connect more preamps. Short of a digital console, I'm not aware of too many preamps with AES/EBU i/o, except maybe some of the focusrite series with the digital cards? Is your AES/EBU on the Omni being used? I'm not familiar with it, so don't know if you can use adat+AES on that... You could always just leave it as is and get 8 Bricasti M7 units and connect them to the Aurora via AES/EBU
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search