The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Advice & Tips for finishing my project up on budget in a high-end studio Other Modular Audio Processors
Old 5th December 2014
Gear Addict

Advice & Tips for finishing my project up on budget in a high-end studio

What's the benefits of tracking on a console vs. the benefits of mixing on a console and which consoles are the ones that excel at each of these areas?

I'm about to wrap up my project and I want to make sure it's the best sounding independent hip-hop album available on the market. Need to crush Riff-Raff, Mac Miller . . the production value may not be as high as the average Eminem record but my brand of music brings a unique character to the genre, I want to make sure the sonic signature is set rather than just sounding like an attempt to throw something together

I have 12 tracks, I can record all my takes rather efficiently. How many hours should I plan to spend on each track, assuming I'm going to be well-prepared, pre-planned and ready to move things along

Looking at a Sony C 800 G, Neve 1073 pre-amp, SSL board
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search