The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
lexicon 224xl V 8.2. problem
Old 2nd December 2014
Gear Addict
lexicon 224xl V 8.2. problem

hi,

so on my quest for reverb satisfaction the final piece (at least thats what i am thinking now) arrived today. 224xl. after a few hours of acclimatisation to room temperature i plugged it in and had a pretty intense noise. i ran the diagnostics but there was no problem. i tried reset without the input connected and the noise was gone. once i plugged it back in it was there again. also the input was super sensitive - with almost no level fed there was almost a clipping/overload.

so seems to me that the digital is working fine and there is some input problem.

did anybody have something like this too? or does anybody have an idea what this could be?

its in great cosmetic condition, no wear or signs of bad handling ...

HELP

thanks!
Old 2nd December 2014
Lives for gear

Never had this kind of failure on my xl but did you try reseating the cards?
Check all socketed ICs are properly seated.
Might be caused by transport.
Turn down the Level pots on the front and check if the levels are set properly.
While you are at it check the battery and replace it if this hasn't been done already.
Leaky batteries are a problem with these machines.
Good luck!
Old 3rd December 2014
Gear Addict
thanks, will check the levels first thing today. i took out every card, cleaned the contacts and put it back in. i noticed there was a battery (looked like 3 AAA wrapped in plastic) on top of it kinda glued where the glue was torn or loose. anyway - i´ll check!

thanks for the input!
Old 3rd December 2014
Lives for gear

Audio Pro
These guys are your friend. They still service those old Lexicons.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search