The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Retro 2a3 owners
Old 1st December 2014
Lives for gear
Retro 2a3 owners

Absolutely loving the unit, been a few months now, gets better and better.

When using as my bus EQ, currently have it feeding AMS 1073 before printing, and looking to add a compressor to the chain.

Curious if any users have found something that it particularly shines next to that I should consider?

Aside from across the mix, where it definitely does amazing things, even flat, I'm loving EQing my reverb stems through it. I love the attenuation of the top end, so smooth!

Anyway, would love to hear from any other users / lovers of this unit.
Old 2nd December 2014
Gear Addict
it's pretty sweet to so many things, but like its' brother sta, definitely has the retro thumbprint. i find it a bit too much character for the bus... but imagine i might also be in the minority on that.
one place i often favor it though is last in the voc chain -at mix- for 16k air.
have to close my eyes when i set it cause +75 looks so extreme, but it's just so smooth it hardly breaks a sweat.
great on all things kit too, of course.
enjoy.
Old 2nd December 2014
Lives for gear

Does it get any love being used as a pair of mono traditional pultec stuff like kick bass lvox???

The low end of te pultec is real special on kicks.

There's the current pultecs also for that but just curious if most people generally use this mainly on stereo sources.
Old 2nd December 2014
Gear Maniac
Currently using mine on leadvoc and bass...I've had mine across the drum buss quite often.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Just got one. Why did I wait so long?!

Retro is two for two with me.

The last two things I’d sell in my rig is my 2a3 (mix bus), and the Sta-Level (bass).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search