The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help with clocking cables Audio Interfaces
Old 1st December 2014
Gear Nut

Help with clocking cables

Hi guys,

I am trying to establish a permanently connected system in which Mytek ADC 96 will serve as the master device. The goal is to have a set-and-forget system that just All of the gear obviously needs to be plugged into ADAT/SPDIF ins and outs of RME HDSP 9652 interface.

The Gear:
1 Mytek ADC 96 (master clock, AD input from outboard gear into DAW ) > "ADAT 1 in" to RME HDSP 9652
1 Mytek DAC 96 (DA output from DAW into outboard) > "ADAT 1 out" from RME HDSP 9652
1 Apogee Mini Me (AD recording into DAW) > "coax SPDIF in" to RME HDSP 9652
1 TC Electronic BNC-2 (Monitoring DAC for the entire system) > "ADAT 1 out" from RME HDSP 9652
1 RME HDSP 9652 (interface)

I have so far successfully ran the Apogee Mini Me as the master clock via coax SPDIF, where RME HDSP 9652 was the slave. With having more gear, now I wonder:

1. Do I need the BNC cables between Mytek ADC 96 (set as master clock) and RME HDSP 9652 (slave)?
2. Can I instead achieve this via ADAT (cos there is only one coax SPDIF in to RME HDSP 9652?
3. If BNC cabling is the only way, please let me know how many and what type of cables I need.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by semidigital; 2nd December 2014 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: missing body...
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search