The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Please guide me to some great reference tracks ONLINE (Flac/wav)?
Old 1st December 2014
Lives for gear

Please guide me to some great reference tracks ONLINE (Flac/wav)?

Pretty straight question.

I do not have access to most CD's people for hires reference tracks recommend as I need to find them in due time and uncompressed wav files... not sure if these can be found to download as most are compressed one way or another?

Or may be I am wrong.. so I ask you: where can I find really great hi-res reference tracks free to download? Only for purpose of mixing. Not asking for full album downloads or anything like that.

I need a couple in genres jazz, dance, rock, rNB and soul.

Curious for your responses
Old 1st December 2014
HD Tracks has a free sample album containing many genres.
Old 1st December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
Pretty straight question.

I do not have access to most CD's people for hires reference tracks recommend as I need to find them in due time and uncompressed wav files... not sure if these can be found to download as most are compressed one way or another?

Or may be I am wrong.. so I ask you: where can I find really great hi-res reference tracks free to download? Only for purpose of mixing. Not asking for full album downloads or anything like that.

I need a couple in genres jazz, dance, rock, rNB and soul.

Curious for your responses
you go to a shop and buy them. like... spend money on them. then you receive a cd - or download these days. thats how it is done. you pay for it. the musicians receive cash for their work and can make a living. so they can make more music. there are lots of companies who can help you do this if you are too dumbed down to go to a record shop and yes, music is worth money. even today.
even if its only one track. i would not go to a shop only stealing one item and feeling good about it. or would i ?

honestly, this is the freakin high end. are we asking on how to steal music here now? if you can't even afford referece music please post somewhere else mate. no offense....
Old 1st December 2014
Lives for gear

not sure I get it. I think of a reference track as a very specific genre/sound check; "we want to sound like Hotel California-era Eagles" or "we want to sound like Slayer", or a reference for calibrating your listening to a specific environment (room/monitors etc) in which case I'd play 3 or 4 CDs (or .wavs whatever) from music you know very very well, prior to mixing, to tune your ears. What are you hoping to achieve with the reference tracks? Mixes are somewhat a personal preference kind of thing, imo. You'll find some people who love what mixer X does and some people who hate what they did...
Old 2nd December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonander View Post
you go to a shop and buy them. like... spend money on them. then you receive a cd - or download these days.
I may be wrong but I thought the op was asking where to find multi-track files.... for mixing. Multitrack files that are considered to have been tracked well.
Old 2nd December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle View Post
I may be wrong but I thought the op was asking where to find multi-track files.... for mixing. Multitrack files that are considered to have been tracked well.
You generally go to a studio and record them…pay musicians, pay studio time and record away…

Are people giving away hi-quality multitrack recordings?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search