The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Adam S4X-V as near fields? Studio Monitors
Old 30th November 2014
Lives for gear

Adam S4X-V as near fields?

I currently monitor with Adam S3X-H's and however I have been very happy with them I have never heard anyone say that the S4X line isn't just hands down better.

My only concern is that they are listed as mid fields and they are almost twice as heavy and much larger. My S3X-H's are already way louder than I would ever need so I'm wondering if the benefits of the S4X-V would even apply in reasonable volume situations positioned as near fields.

Is anyone using them this way? Any info would be appreciated!
Old 1st December 2014
Lives for gear

Any thoughts?
Old 2nd December 2014
ECM
Gear Addict
What distance exactly? If you think the S3X can go loud (which they can go very very loud) the S4X just are even more killer in that area (But also a big step up from the S3X, room dependent)

And where you based? Cause testing is the only way to really know in your space, distance and what you like.
Old 2nd December 2014
Lives for gear

About 46" from my head to the tweeters and 46" between the two tweeters. The control room is about 14 wide by 16 deep with 13 foot ceilings. I'm located in Portland, Oregon USA.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search