The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
high end SDC's for classical acoustic guitar Condenser Microphones
Old 27th November 2014
Lives for gear

a pair of 84s. or if you like oldschool, a pair of 54s. or if you want thick, a pair of u67s. for just normal its the 84s to me.
Old 28th November 2014
Gear Maniac

IMHO, it's better to think about how you want to record first, especially omni or cardioid and also the combination of mics and preamp.

If I want more room sound or need to place the mics very close, I usually like DPA omni+ Earthworks preamp for ultra clean. Or sometime I use AKG C480 (CK61 or CK62) + tube preamp for rich musical sound. For darker sounding mics, I have used Rode and Crown stereo pairs. They are really good for the price (much cheaper) and work well for most solid state preamps, but they only have cardioid version and not as clean as DPA or AKG, and probably slightly more compressed. So it really depends on the player, guitar (bright or warm....), room and what you want to achieve.

Here are 2 classical guitar recording examples of 2 AKG C480+ tube mic pre. I added some reverb, very little or no EQ. You may switch to 720p or 1080p for better audio quality.

http://youtu.be/jdiIXnC9n4Q

http://youtu.be/8H7k3CGE1Mo

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search