The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
JBL LSR 4312SP Sub issue Studio Monitors
Old 11th November 2014
Gear Addict
JBL LSR 4312SP Sub issue

I am thinking of buying a JBL LSR4312SP from someone that doesn't know how to work it. I have a set of 4326's so matching it to a sub would complete my rig.

The issue here is the person I am buying it from. He is a commercial building owner and the renter had a studio setup and a falling out with his partners. So the building owner decided to purchase everything in bulk for a good price for him to make some extra cash.

I tried to tell him to plug something into it and see if audio comes out. He says that he sees the meters going but can't hear anything. Any ideas what the issue could be? I thought about it being the wrong input but then the meters wouldn't be going... I then thought maybe it was a dipswitch issue or a RMC issue?

Any help for those of you that have sub would be awesome! I can't troubleshoot it for him because he is in a different state.
Old 11th November 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay2x View Post
I am thinking of buying a from someone that doesn't know how to work it. I have a set of 4326's so matching it to a sub would complete my rig.

The issue here is the person I am buying it from. He is a commercial building owner and the renter had a studio setup and a falling out with his partners. So the building owner decided to purchase everything in bulk for a good price for him to make some extra cash.

I tried to tell him to plug something into it and see if audio comes out. He says that he sees the meters going but can't hear anything. Any ideas what the issue could be? I thought about it being the wrong input but then the meters wouldn't be going... I then thought maybe it was a dipswitch issue or a RMC issue?

Any help for those of you that have sub would be awesome! I can't troubleshoot it for him because he is in a different state.
tell him to turn on the "bass Management" button. without that there will be no sound from the sub. also make sure he is using the analog inputs/outputs not aes/ebu inputs/outputs (they look exactly the same). shipping is gonna cost though. its heavy as ****. gl
Old 11th November 2014
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangking View Post
tell him to turn on the "bass Management" button. without that there will be no sound from the sub. also make sure he is using the analog inputs/outputs not aes/ebu inputs/outputs (they look exactly the same). shipping is gonna cost though. its heavy as ****. gl

Thanks so much!!! Yea shipping will be a pain but I'm sure it will be worth it.
Old 12th November 2014
let me know what happens
Old 7th March 2016
Here for the gear

How do I take the subwoofer out of jbl lsr 4312sp
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search