The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
barefoot mm35 gen 1 vs. gen2 Saturation Plugins
Old 4th November 2014
Lives for gear

barefoot mm35 gen 1 vs. gen2

Id like to know what has changed between the gen1 and the gen2? the MEME feature was added, that i know. but otherwise, did they change other things in the speakers?
Old 4th November 2014
Lives for gear

Hi,

I think it's easier to say what didn't change. The subwoofer drivers, the basic size and layout are the same. Otherwise, the Gen2 is a completely new speaker.

Thomas
Old 5th November 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
Hi,

I think it's easier to say what didn't change. The subwoofer drivers, the basic size and layout are the same. Otherwise, the Gen2 is a completely new speaker.

Thomas
so let me ask, why do you create a completely new speaker but still name it the same way (and have the same look) if it then sounds completely different? or am i misunderstanding your previous statement?

is there any info of the gen 1 online?
Old 5th November 2014
Gear Head

BMW has been making the 5- series for decades... I'm sure the first one shares nothing with more modern versions, but I know generally what to expect and how it fits in with the rest of the brands line-up. I don't think there's anything odd with keeping a name and updating the components, even if on the surface they look the same.
Old 6th November 2014
Here for the gear

Come on dude, they doesn't sound completely different. I own the Gen 2's and I demoed the Gen 1s for a little while.

It's really really easy to look up the specs for both, and what has changed. It's even on the Barefoot website. Not sure what you're going to get out of knowing they went to a ring radiator tweeter instead of a dome etc but it's all there for you.

For me soundwise they sound very similar, as in if you were familiar with the Gen 1's you'll be familiar with the Gen 2's, but the just have even more detail and do what Barefoots do even better.

The main thing is the speaker emulator. I couldn't live without it now. When I first got them it seemed a little bit like a novelty but once you dig and take time to actually learn the modes it is truly like having 4 sets of speakers. It's not just an eq in front of the speakers, phase relationships, which speakers are used, etc are all changed.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search