The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Antelope Orion 32 and MCI console Digital Converters
Old 4th November 2014
Here for the gear

Antelope Orion 32 and MCI console

Hi,

I've switched converters going from Steinberg MR816 to antelope audio Orion32.

I'm running an MCI jh500 console. The problem I'm having is that any of the unbalanced gear I have in the patchbay (old dbl comps etc) works when using the Steinberg MR816 converters but the same gear does not work when using the Orion32 converters.

I get the same level to the console from either converter. Also, all of my balanced gear patched in works fine.

Any thoughts? Thank you!
Old 4th November 2014
Lives for gear

Make sure you have the correctly wired DB25s coming off the the back of the Orion. I believe they use the Tascam wiring config.
Old 4th November 2014
Here for the gear

Hi, I lifted the shield on all unbalance gear to the patchbay of the MCI jh500 (had jumper from pins 1-3). All gear is passing audio now.

Thanks
Old 4th November 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill1234 View Post
Hi, I lifted the shield on all unbalance gear to the patchbay of the MCI jh500 (had jumper from pins 1-3). All gear is passing audio now.

Thanks
I would guess you should have lifted the minus and kept the shield attached, [depending on your ground scheme], usually balanced to unbalanced issues involve either tying the minus and ground, or lifting the minus. Check with Antelope and maybe Mara Machines about the right approach.

Best-
Jonathan
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search