The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AMS Neve 1073N vs 1073LB vs 1073 DPA Other Modular Audio Processors
Old 7th July 2018
Here for the gear

Sorry to bump the thread, but I just purchased the 1073N and im reading apparently power supply makes a difference.. does that mean the supplied wall wart isn’t sufficient?

Can anyone recommend me what power supply to buy? I don’t really want to buy the neve rack, something smaller preferably!

Thanks
Old 31st January 2019
Gear Head

Again, a resurrect, but has anyone compared the AMS 1073CV to the 1073 DPX?

Any notable differences that you can share?

Would prefer to purchase the DPX, but if the surface mount components/whatever else makes a difference, I don't mind going with the original.
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

People have to start getting over the smd vs through hole thing.

Neve SMD gear is great.

The 3360N is my favourite Version -
Old 1st February 2019
Gear Head

^This is my thought process, but wondering if anyone has compared both and noted a difference.

I could care less about the construction method, as long as it doesn’t impair sound or function.
Old 1st February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool711 View Post
^This is my thought process, but wondering if anyone has compared both and noted a difference.

I could care less about the construction method, as long as it doesn’t impair sound or function.
My OG 1073 pair sounds better than the LB

My racked BAE sounds better than both.

... to my ears.

BAE gets used on vocals with the FLEA47.

Neves stay in storage. We use them on request and rent them out sometimes.

LB pair gets used with the LBEQ for tracking stereo sources.

Chandler TG channel almost always on guitar.

Honestly, differences are very minor, mostly with the low and high frequencies. Any of the Neves mentioned will do the same thing.
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiceOfReezon View Post
I considered the 1073DPX but I just couldn't get over the wimpy power supply issue, and I also read a lot of comments saying that the DPA had a more robust and bigger sound.
Where did you read these lots of comments? I’m having trouble finding anyone who directly compared the core sound of the dpa to the dpx.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search