The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apogee Symphony IO. Is it on par with the Antelope Eclipse? Digital Converters
Old 10th October 2014
  #1
Gear Head
 

Apogee Symphony IO. Is it on par with the Antelope Eclipse?

I've been thinking about these 2 units to purchase in the near future and I was wondering if anyone on the forum has had any experience with them and how they sound next to each other?

Appreciate the help!

Sammy
Old 10th October 2014
  #2
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Togga View Post
I've been thinking about these 2 units to purchase in the near future and I was wondering if anyone on the forum has had any experience with them and how they sound next to each other?

Appreciate the help!

Sammy
These are two polar-opposite products. The Eclipse is definitely a higher end converter, but it's only two channels. It's most commonly used as a master playback DA and print AD. The Symphony is great too, but it's a multi-channel unit (up to 32 ins and outs in one box). I think your answer lies in your utility for the piece.
Old 10th October 2014
  #3
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstockAudio View Post
These are two polar-opposite products. The Eclipse is definitely a higher end converter, but it's only two channels. It's most commonly used as a master playback DA and print AD. The Symphony is great too, but it's a multi-channel unit (up to 32 ins and outs in one box). I think your answer lies in your utility for the piece.
I only need 2 channels (cutting vocals and stereo guitars) so for me it's all about the higher conversion rate!

With that said, perhaps the new Pure2 by Antelope might be a good way to go.
Old 11th October 2014
  #4
Interesting comparison, the Eclipse is double the price.
Old 11th October 2014
  #5
Gear Nut
 

Higher conversion rate? How high do you need to go?
Old 11th October 2014
  #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwilson View Post
Higher conversion rate? How high do you need to go?
I'm guessing he meant higher convertion quality.
Old 12th October 2014
  #7
Gear Nut
 

Have not heard Eclipse before but you can get full rig of Symphony I/O and save some money for the price of a eclipse.
Old 12th October 2014
  #8
Gear Maniac
 
DaveyJones's Avatar
 

The Eclipse does sound sublime though. No experience here with the Apogee but I know the new Prism units and the antelope wins hands down there.

Davey
Top Mentioned Products
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump