The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apogee DA16X, AD16X and 192IO Chaining
Old 8th October 2014
Here for the gear

Apogee DA16X, AD16X and 192IO Chaining

Hi Guys!

As a french regular reader on this forum I decided to suscribe in order to get a little help about my Pro Tools Interface configuration.

I've got a Pro Tools 9 HD3 version running with a Sync, 3 Apogee DA16X converters and one more Apogee AD16X.

I've got the possibility to get one more 192IO in order to get more IO and use hardware inserts for example.

Will I be able to use all those interface together? I was thinking about chaining the 192IO on the expansion port of the AD16X using the digilink and the loop sync but i'm not sure if those different brands interfaces are compatible and if there is a specific order to chain them.

If you can help me I will appreciate it for sure!

If you need more informations about my configuration I'll try to answer as soon as possible.

Thanks by advance for your help!
Old 9th October 2014
Lives for gear
Momz,
Here is my input on your situation.

The 192 is an odd piece for inserts given it's 16x8 or 8x16 format.
If you just want 8 inserts you should have no issues,... if you want 16, you should use two apogees.
This will all make your routing nice and easy.
I run three apogees myself:
(1)AD16 for inputs, and ADAT out to my headphone system, AES to L-R.
(1)DA16 for insert send
(1)AD16 for insert return

As far as the digi link ports,... I have mixed HDs, 192s, apogees,... and never had an issue.

Hope it helps!

D

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search