The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for Analog Mixing Studio for Vinyl Reissue Project in NY area
Old 7th October 2014
Here for the gear

Looking for Analog Mixing Studio for Vinyl Reissue Project in NY area

Not sure if this is the right place to post this (should it go in So much gear, so little time???), but I am looking for a studio and a mixing engineer to re-mix recordings for upcoming vinyl reissues.

Most pressing is that I need to re-mix an album recorded on 1” 16-track tapes. My preference is to always keep everything in the analog domain (but the studio should have some nice AD convertors also). I will want to mix to tape. (This specific recording is of a master Haitian Vodou drummer and his ensemble.)

For future projects, it would be helpful if the studio has access to a 2” machine (24-track tapes) and a ¼” machine for playback. Experience with older tapes is a huge plus.

It would be awesome to find someone who wants to develop a good relationship, as there will be consistent work down the line. Basically, I’m looking for an analog loving mixing engineer who wants to keep things simple and pure. Please note that I only need a studio for mixing purposes. I already have a mastering engineer that I work with.

I am based in the NY metropolitan area (not far from JFK Airport), but willing to travel anywhere in the area (by car) for the right situation. I’ll drive to CT, NJ, MA, VT, ME, wherever. All of my studio connections are on the West coast, so I figured this was a good place to start my quest for an awesome studio/mixing engineer on the East coast.

Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated! Thank you for your help.

Feel free to PM me for my email address/phone number and any more info.
Old 7th October 2014
Lives for gear

Sabella Recording Studios: Music Production, Mixing, Mastering, Long Island, NY

I am sure there are more, but those two are the first that come to mind.
Old 8th October 2014
Lives for gear

We mix in analog domain so to speak (console, outboard, etc) & mix to tape (quarter & half inch machines). but we do not have a 1" 16 track. I could look into renting a machine if you're interested.

Take a look at the studio (site is in signature) & PM me if you're interested and I'll make a call about the 1 inch machine. And let me know speed. I can't remember if you stated the IPS.

And we are in Brooklyn by the way; pretty close to the Navy Yard (so quite close to Manhattan).

Thanks-
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search