The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I have JBL PRX 715 but to loud for neighbors, need good quality monitor speakers
Old 7th October 2014
Here for the gear

I have JBL PRX 715 but to loud for neighbors, need good quality monitor speakers

I am lost, I tried Pioneers monitor speakers a year or so ago and they were ok. Power would drop if I had it up loud at times. I went large with JBL PRX 715 and love them but my neighbors do not.

Looking for HIGH END (price range 1300.00 to 2,000.00 USD) monitor speakers. Something that is all around great, highs, mids, lows and good wattage but not 1500 watts loud like the JBL's.

I don't want MADE IN CHINA!!! Must be American or Japan made!

Must be XLR capable
Old 8th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arksmurk View Post
I am lost, I tried Pioneers monitor speakers a year or so ago and they were ok. Power would drop if I had it up loud at times. I went large with JBL PRX 715 and love them but my neighbors do not.

Looking for HIGH END (price range 1300.00 to 2,000.00 USD) monitor speakers. Something that is all around great, highs, mids, lows and good wattage but not 1500 watts loud like the JBL's.

I don't want MADE IN CHINA!!! Must be American or Japan made!

Must be XLR capable
I typed a response for you that was maybe AWESOME! But then I realized I didn't know what I was reeeeally replying to.

What are you using these for? Just playing back records? Or are you making records? Or?.. Rehearsing??
Old 8th October 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosleepPDX View Post
I typed a response for you that was maybe AWESOME! But then I realized I didn't know what I was reeeeally replying to.

What are you using these for? Just playing back records? Or are you making records? Or?.. Rehearsing??
DJing, I want to be able to hear any mistake, off beat, to much highs, mids or lows... But want some watts behind it so I can crank it a bit to get a good feel of the mix too at louder volumes.
Old 8th October 2014
Lives for gear

keep the PRX, just play less loud? being used to PRX you will be very dissapointed with any near /mid field monitor
I've got PRX735 with 2x XLF718 subs as my PA C monitoring RIG, totally different experience than smaller monitors
Old 8th October 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Mastering View Post
keep the PRX, just play less loud? being used to PRX you will be very dissapointed with any near /mid field monitor
I've got PRX735 with 2x XLF718 subs as my PA C monitoring RIG, totally different experience than smaller monitors
Ten 4.

I plan to but at night was thinking of something smaller. want quality monitore speakers to also sit on desk.
Old 8th October 2014
Lives for gear

yes, then i would recommend NEUMAN K&H 120a or something like that.
Old 8th October 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Mastering View Post
yes, then i would recommend NEUMAN K&H 120a or something like that.
Event OPAL 2-way 750-watt Active Monitor | GuitarCenter

This was my first pick in my price range. Just saying...
Old 8th October 2014
Lives for gear

nice too! in general i would go for too big woofers as this will just be redundant to your PRX, as B monitor i would go for 5.25" maximum

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search