The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RCA 44BX on a Bass Cab? 500 Series EQ\'s
Old 18th September 2014
Lives for gear

RCA 44BX on a Bass Cab?

Well too late I've already done it today. But I set it back about 2 feet. As I do with all bass amps. And the B15 is turned up to about 10 o clock.

Just wondering how dangerous this is being used in this sort of method. It's honestly the best bass amp sound I have gotten in years.

I'm usually using a U48 or a 421, sometimes RE20. But this sounds so right. It just has lovely sustain down low and notes don't disappear like they do in other situations.

Any experience with this guys? Definitely would never stick it on an SVT right on the grill. It doesn't sound like it's rubbing either.

But will it wear out my mic sooner?
Old 18th September 2014
I wouldn't sweat it. If you're nervous, put a pop filter in front of it. If you're REALLY nervous, put two of em in front of it.
Old 19th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post
I wouldn't sweat it. If you're nervous, put a pop filter in front of it. If you're REALLY nervous, put two of em in front of it.
Yes definitely gonna do that. So happy with the sound. Going to have to buy another 44 now for other purposes because this thing is staying on the bass amp for live tracking

Curious to hear the Coles in the same role. Last time I put a coles on a guitar amp, it wasn't happy and I removed it pretty quickly. But it was also about 6 inches from the cab. I bet 2 feet would probably be alright.
Old 19th September 2014
Lives for gear

I like a 77, I don't crank the amp though.
Old 19th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburg58 View Post
Yes definitely gonna do that. So happy with the sound. Going to have to buy another 44 now for other purposes because this thing is staying on the bass amp for live tracking

Curious to hear the Coles in the same role. Last time I put a coles on a guitar amp, it wasn't happy and I removed it pretty quickly. But it was also about 6 inches from the cab. I bet 2 feet would probably be alright.
I like the Coles on gtr, but usually 1-2 feet back.
Old 13th October 2014
500 series nutjob

Get a Blast Pad SPL Filter from Pete's Place.

They work! No question I know: )~ .
This is the type of setting we use them for.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search