The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Where to purchase ATR-102 or Studer A80??? Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 11th September 2014
Here for the gear

Where to purchase ATR-102 or Studer A80???

Does anyone have any suggestions on where one could purchase a refurbished ATR-102 or Studer A80 in the US?
Old 11th September 2014
Gear Addict

ATR services could help you as that is theyre business! If not try Jeff Gilman at MDI Precision Motorworks.. although they specialize and rehaul + sell ATR 100's.. many feel are actually better than the 102, however it will cost from here.. your looking at about $6-8K for a quarter inch and $10K + for a half inch, but you would get a machine (one of the very best ever to grace the earth) like it left the factory.
If your not too fussed on the condition you could look at Sonic Circus I think theyve got a few 102's. You might pick one up there for $4-5K
As for an A80 this is trickier, they show up now and again here in the UK but in the States even less I've heard.
Good Luck!
Old 11th September 2014
Lives for gear

My buddy recently picked up a 1/2" A80 for somewhere around $2,000...I think it was literally that cheap. You should get on email lists for studio liquidators.

Amazing how much cheaper premium analog is than premium digital...
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search