The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audio Routing / DAAD Advice Equalisers (HW)
Old 9th September 2014
Gear Maniac
Audio Routing / DAAD Advice

I am looking to expand my setup slowly with a few higher quality converters and it would be great if you guys could give me some adivce.

I am working with Ableton with a very small instrument setup consisting of a drummachine, a oberheim synth and a sampler. and a SPL Kultube and Tube Vitalizer for finishing touches.

Right now I only use a Focusrite Saffire 6 and though about getting a Mytek 8x192.

The Plan would be to route as following

1 Option:

Instruments -> 6 A/D Inputs on the Mytek into Ableton

-> 8 Stereo Busses out to the DA of the Mytek using the internal passive summing Mixer and outputing the 2 Channel Output into the Kultube and the Vitalizer -> back into the remaining stereo input of the mytek back into Ableton for recording and then monitor through the Saffire till I can afford a better Standalone 2Channel DA for monitoring.

Would this Setup work or am I getting something wrong here? Never really used any higher quality converters so I am getting a little bit confused by the routing possibilities
If I am not mistaken I could also upgrade the Mytek to DSD later on and record the signal after the outboard gear in DSD 128x to the computer right?

2nd Option:

Mix everything in the Computer and get a HQ DA AD that goes out of the Computer into the unit and then into SPL Kultube, etc and then back into Unit to the computer AND monitoring.

I am not sure if such a device exists though or if I would have to get another interface/converter for montoring in this case as well anyway.

Basically I am looking for a High Quality set up that suites my minimal electronic production without going above about 2000 Euro.

THX!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search