The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Desigining a new product for you. Help me a bit please.
Old 4th September 2014
Lives for gear

Desigining a new product for you. Help me a bit please.

Hi Guys.
First I wrote it on my FB page [link below], but I think I could expand it here, so I could get some more insight.

I would like to ask you guys for one product that I was talking with someone some time ago. I have it, someone ordered just one form me and I'm considering making more but you guys have to tell me if t makes sense. How would you like a 8x Hp and LP in one 1U box connected via db25? Would it be cool to have it USB controlled on not necessarily? The unit would have 6 buttons on the front and informative leds. Two buttons would choose the channel, two would chose the HP freq on the channel and two would be for LP. The HP would be 4 position 24dB/oct filter the LP would be a 4 position 12dB/oct. If yes, how much would you be willing to spend on a 8 channel of HP,LP ready to hook up to your system with two cables?

https://www.facebook.com/Bettermaker...type=1&theater
Old 4th September 2014
Lives for gear

I wanna say $1.6k-$2k but I'm not sure how feasible that is with recall. Maybe recall without knobs.
Old 4th September 2014
Gear Guru

I've always thought a one rack space HF/LP box would be useful. The only way it would really be successful was if it remained really affordable. I just think a lot of people won't be willing to shell out 1000-1500 for it.
Old 4th September 2014
Gear Nut

Being able to control resonance would make this a really powerful tool. With resonance control and if these sounded great, id get one.

I would be willing to spend 500 per channel. In fact the moog 500 ladder is on my short list.

No resonance control - then I would pass.

Just FYI I'm an ex 9000 guy now hybrid with just over 50k in gear purchases.
Old 9th September 2014
Lives for gear

Giving this a bump , sounds like a great Idea , I am not sure on the price though , what is reasonable as well as being worthwhile for you to make a product so you can pay your bills too !

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search