The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
triton D20 or Electrodyne 501 500 Series Preamps
Old 2nd September 2014
Gear Maniac

triton D20 or Electrodyne 501

So I currently have the Great River and love it but would like a non-Neve flavour. I think i have narrowed the search down to the Triton D20 and Electrodyne 501. Anyone have experience with the D20? Is the single channel standalone a better choice than the 500 series? I doubt anyone has both these but any ufo is appreciated!
Old 3rd September 2014
tried neither of them but heard great things about both. sorry im no help
Old 3rd September 2014
Jai guru deva om

We have both fully tested in the preamp section of our Clipalator. Character and size from both, the Triton has a bit more stomp to it and the tube path has a saturation that gently rounds off transients while delivering a thicker tone.

War
Old 4th September 2014
Gear Maniac

Thanks Warren,
Seriously your clips have been invaluable! I have downloaded and put them through my vst chain etc… This has been the only way to really hear these things!
Old 4th September 2014
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebjam View Post
Thanks Warren,
Seriously your clips have been invaluable! I have downloaded and put them through my vst chain etc… This has been the only way to really hear these things!
We are an authorized dealer for both, and would be happy to take care of you too.

War
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search