The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What year is my Teletronix La2a? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 8th August 2014
Gear Nut

What year is my Teletronix La2a?

Teletronix La-2A serial #621. Does anyone know what year this unit is and how much it's worth? Is this one still the latest reissue version? It sounds sooo great and I would hate to sell it but might have to...btw, I have the UAD upgraded LA2a plugs, and though they do sound great, they don't do what my HW unit does. So happy that I made the leap to UAD plugs though - so much easier to mix now (and quicker!).
Thanks!
rich
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

post a pic

does it say 'classics' on the faceplate?
Old 8th August 2014
Gear Nut

Yes, it say 'Classics' above the VU meter next to the UA logo. Sorry, can't post a pic now but will get one up later.
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcd View Post
Yes, it say 'Classics' above the VU meter next to the UA logo. Sorry, can't post a pic now but will get one up later.
Okay, then it is a reissue. My serial number is in the 200's and was made in 2000, so I am guessing yours would be around 2003-2004? Not sure how many they made each year. But you can contact UA and ask them directly. They have great support.

Value? Check the trends on ebay. Around $2500 more or less.
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

If you send an email to UA, with your serial number, they will provide the year your unit was made.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search