The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Heritage Audio 8173/1073 vs others
Old 6th August 2014
Heritage Audio 8173/1073 vs others

I am planning on buying an 8 channel rack to fill with Neve 80 series style modules. My current plan is to buy the Heritage Frame 8 and Heritage 8173's to fill it. Seems to be the best bang for the buck with this kind of pre/eq. My main question and concern is the fact that these modules are priced about $1k below the comparable BAE modules with the same type of EQ. Does anyone have experience with these Heritage modules? Does anyone know why they can be had so much cheaper than the options? Am I sacrificing build quality or sonic quality by going with the Heritage rather than the BAE? Any experience that you can share would be greatly appreciated. I can't find many user accounts of the Heritage modules on here, mainly just the 500 series stuff.
Old 7th August 2014
Lives for gear

I have 4 8173 and 4 6673.
Had every sort of Neve clone, Bae ,Ams, Chandler etc.
Heritage audio clones are the closer to the vintage units for tone and thickness.
Then you have something that other do not offer
8173: the pre is a 1084 for preamplification and for bass and hi shelf, then you have the 1081 mid bands, more musical less surgical.
6673: a 1084 with the add of the 1066 mid band: here you have the nirvana:
you will go crazy: one example: you have the 240hz and the 360hz on the first band and the 700 hz on the other: the 240hz on this monster are unbilievable.
A new Neve weapon, that you do not find on any original or clone.
And never before you could act with the 360hz and 700hz together: a pure joy!!

But if you search here or elsewher, you will find only great appreciation about heritage audio stuff.
Old 7th August 2014
Jai guru deva om

We have loved the sound of Heritage from the beginning, and the build is excellent. It delivers "that sound" for sure...I would not hesitate to say just go for it.

War
Old 8th August 2014
I have Neve originals, BAE and Heritage and I love the Heritage. I even bought another Heritage 8 way rack to replace a BAE one. The Heritage is definitely closer sonically to the originals to my ear and the build quality is superb.
Old 10th August 2014

Just picked up a Heritage 8173 and 8 channel rack.
Used before a Warm Audio WA76 (1176 clone) it reminds of those best sounding recordings circa 1972!
Now only have to find the $$ to fill up the other seven slots!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search