The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any other Otari Concept One owners out there?
Old 20th July 2014
Gear Head

Any other Otari Concept One owners out there?

Just picked up this console and in the process of cleaning it up and getting it going. Anyone out there know where to get parts and support for these?
Old 21st July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraplord View Post
Just picked up this console and in the process of cleaning it up and getting it going. Anyone out there know where to get parts and support for these?
as far as parts, mainly be looking for others dumping or parting out their console. The one man who knows more about these boards is Soren Wittrup. [email protected]. Other than that good luck. I have a C1 that's I've been running now for about 4 years now. I upgraded the computer system to Eagle running on a computer that Soren built for me and sold me the eagle hover net and opto cards. Please tell me you have a working computer with the hover net card in the computer, the opto card is in the console.
Old 22nd July 2014
Gear Head

@Musiclab Yes, I got the computer and hovernet card, plus a couple extra channels. How reliable has your console been since you have been using it? How are the eq's, does this board have a good amount of headroom?
Old 22nd July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraplord View Post
@Musiclab Yes, I got the computer and hovernet card, plus a couple extra channels. How reliable has your console been since you have been using it? How are the eq's, does this board have a good amount of headroom?
My console after I got a few things sorted out has been very reliable. I needed to recap my power supplies and replace a ribbon cable. I also upgraded to Eagle which is a better automation system than disk mix, although disk mix is totally workable. The biggest maintenance issue I have is with my consoles moving faders, We've been recapping the cards and replace the motor faders as we can. If you don't have moving faders you don't have that issue. The board has a lot of headroom and the mic pre's are discrete. As far as the eq, certain things it's great for and others it's bleggh.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search