The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SSL Alpha Link SX Problem! Please Help!
Old 16th July 2014
Here for the gear

SSL Alpha Link SX Problem! Please Help!

Hi,
I have two SSL Alpha Link Converters and I was still happy with it but yesterday one shows high Level on the first eight Channels on the AD site.
I switched it several times off and on and checked the connection and settings but nothing helps.

What should I do now?
Does anyone know this problem?
Should I send it to SSL to repair it?

Thanks!
Old 17th July 2014
Solid State Logic

First thing to check - the internal ribbon cables may have become loose.

Disconnect the unit from power. Open the top, and un-plug the ribbon cables, then put them back firmly in.

Might well be a simple fix.
Old 18th July 2014
Lives for gear

Welcome to the realities of owning these converters. Mine have the same problem, and others do as well. Hopefully for you the ribbon cable is just loose. If not, when you contact SSL LA they will act like it is not a manufacturing issue and that it is a warranty issue, and they will act like they don't know about this KNOWN problem. They will offer to sell you a new card or new machine at a discount, but still only offer a 1 year warranty for that. There is no long term solution. There was a thread on this that was closed last week. I for one am truly ticked at the abysmal customer service response. To me an ethical company, especially one in the pro audio community, would honor at no charge to fix or replace a known manufacturing issue instead of placing the onus of fault on the consumer and cop out of responsibility due to a warranty period. SSL acts like this is an extremely rare example, when in reality you are among several people who have this issue just recently on gearslutz. Hopefully you are still under warranty because if not you may have thrown your money away and face the choice of whether to potentially continue to do so or buy other converters.
Old 18th July 2014
Here for the gear

Hi Blacksun
First of all sorry for my bad English.
I Have got the same Problem .
Somebody here told me to open the Alphalink and there is a cable (yellow/green)that goes to the chassis .
first i loose the screw ,and then i tighten the screw from the Chassis.and the Problem was fixed.
incredible but it works.
best
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search