The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Shadow Hills Oculus any users? Monitor Controllers
Old 14th July 2014
Gear Head

Shadow Hills Oculus any users?

I'm in the market for a major monitor controller upgrade. Have been drooling at the Shadow Hills Oculus since it finally released this Spring, and now it's on sale at VK through end of day today. My biggest hesitation is that I can't find ANY reviews or users out there. It's an awfully steep price for a controller, so wondering if maybe people are balking for that reason? Or maybe there are a lot of users out there who haven't yet made a point to comment? I'm looking for anyone who has some first-hand experience with the Oculus to chime in!
Old 31st July 2014
Here for the gear

berrymusic, if you (or anyone!) have any questions, or, well, 'what do you want to know?" about how it works, how it's built, etc, you can always holler at us directly @ SH, too.

Obviously, we're not third party users, but Peter and I will deal the straight dish (I'm a former studio owner myself) about the ins and outs of anything you'd need. Without, perhaps, the trademark seven spices. (Hint: there's more than 7 spices.) Since the Oculus has quite a few options and ways to hook it up, it's cool to contact yr person @ VK for info. Or, us too.

Sorry that I got to this email a little later than VK's sale. Maybe you can ask 'em nicely?

Yah.

-marshall
Old 23rd February 2015
Here for the gear

Im on the same boat, my main concern is not being able to switching between sources or outputs directly for doing a quick a/b.

To me, it is not clear how to directly a/b input sources or monitors. How can you do quick a/b between lets say input 2 and 5, without going 2..3..4..then 5?

I love SH gear, I own their pres, 2 optos, a vandergraph and planning on buying a their master comp. Just wishing there is a way to a/b between inputs/outputs.
Old 24th February 2015
Gear Addict

the studio i work at has one. When we got it, we immediately had problems with the relays popping (actually making a popping sound in the monitors, not the standard clicking noise), so we sent it back to get fixed and shadow hills sent us a loner. Within 2 weeks of the loner the controller on the loner just randomly stopped working.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search