The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Avedis E27 applications
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear

Avedis E27 applications

do people use the Avedis E27 much on the 2 buss ? anyone like to let me know what makes these desirable and also what applications they really shine on .Are they good for adjusting an entire mix also or better suited to tracking ?
Old 12th July 2014
I have 12 in my desk. They get used for tracking and mixing. For me where they really shine is is as a sweetening eq (for both tracking and mixing). While tonally they'd be nice on mixbus they don't have detented pots so might be difficult to match sufficiently
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear

I liked them (used to own a pair) on anything BUT stereo applications and kick. For everything else, they worked amazing.

I totally agree w/the above comment from Trev ~ "sweetening EQ's". Perfect description. They have a bunch of frequencies and sound amazing and are built like tanks and Avedis is super nice and a genius.

On kick, the way the frequencies are laid out, you can't cut low-mid and boost lows at the same time because the "low" knob covers everything all the way up to 550hz and the "mid" knob starts at 680hz. They are not stepped or linkable so not easy to recall or match settings when used as a pair.

For some "air" on a vocal they are incredible. I also LOVE the 1.6k on this. It sounds SO good. Great for acoustic guitars or amps too!
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear

Of course for the 2buss is not as recallable as other mastering eq's, but it's a great sounding piece for that application (you might want to put some marks with a piece of tape)..
Easily one of the best eq ever made for the 500 series.

Some people just pass the signal through them 'cause of the benefits, they're so desirable because they're extremely well made and the sound soooo good, and they're not built in big quantities.. heh
Oh.. and while are not cheap, I can assure you that these are a GREAT bargain at the currently selling price.. yes, a BARGAIN.

As said everywhere is a great piece, well built, VERY expensive and time consuming to make.. the attention put on the Avedis modules is second to none as usual, but the E27 is a real commitment imho.

Regarding tracking, since I have a desk (but you could do the same ITB), I boost with the Avedis and if I need a cut on a frequency that is on the low band, I use the eq of the desk (you might simply use a software one..). heh

Try to get one while you can..

Cheu
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear

I have an E27 and always found it excellent in practically every scenario. Recall aside, if it sounds good on a single track it typically translates to the entire mix, too, or so has been my experience with eq.

It's a shame that he's stopped making these.

(I just checked his site and noticed that he's going to build them again -- fantastic!)
Old 13th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I have an E27 and always found it excellent in practically every scenario. Recall aside, if it sounds good on a single track it typically translates to the entire mix, too, or so has been my experience with eq.

It's a shame that he's stopped making these.

(I just checked his site and noticed that he's going to build them again -- fantastic!)
He has been for 6 months!
Old 13th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
His site says June 2014, and it's so rare that someone releases a product EARLY that I'd just assumed it wasn't ready yet. That's great news! I'm a huge MA5 fan as well and it's good to see Avedis continuing to make waves.
Old 14th July 2014
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey there, he actually just started shipping them (ours arrive on Thursday) after working on bringing them back for quite some time.

Very excited to give them a run on everything here.

War
Old 14th July 2014
Lives for gear

Been dreaming about a pair for a few nights just before bed lol
Aahh such pleasant pillow thoughts

Old 14th July 2014
Lives for gear

I wish I could grab a set.....
Old 18th July 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Hey there, he actually just started shipping them (ours arrive on Thursday) after working on bringing them back for quite some time.

Very excited to give them a run on everything here.

War
Please let us know when they're on the Clipalator!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search