The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neumann W495 into Equinox Summing Mixers
Old 6th July 2014
Lives for gear

Neumann W495 into Equinox

I have a rack of W495's and PE EQs and want to know if it is safe to try a 600ohm resistor on these EQ's or not. They are going to a Shadow Hills Equinox. Any knowledge would be very much appreciated.
Old 6th July 2014
Ask Matt Syson her on gearslutz.

He is the perfect guy for things like this.
Matt Syson is a walking bible with brilliant technical knowledge

And very obliging !

R.
Old 6th July 2014
Gear Maniac
the output impedance of the w495 is under 40 ohms, meaning that it's not designed for matched impedance (600 ohms standard). Why would you want to add a resistor, is the frequency response off or are there level issues? Afaik there were transformer and transformer less versions of the w495 EQ, but both should have similar impedances...
Old 6th July 2014
Lives for gear

I used to use these with a different piece of gear and they sounded better freq wise. Now they sound off a bit. They do have trannies which is why I wanted to find a better load for them.
Old 6th July 2014
Gear Maniac
well, how do they sound after the Equinox instead of before the Equinox? Anyways, the Equinox should have high impedance inputs, so that shouldn't be a problem... But if it doesn't sound right something is fishy
Old 6th July 2014
Lives for gear

The Equinox is for summing so I want them before but I will test a pair as final buss EQ. Thanks.
Old 28th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRStudio View Post
The Equinox is for summing so I want them before but I will test a pair as final buss EQ. Thanks.
Some years later.
How did it end up?
I’m asking cause I also have an equinox and I’m interested in this kind of eq’s.
Thanks
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search