The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
German PSU Tuchel w/ Jorgen schou Transformer Wiring?
Old 5th July 2014
Here for the gear

German PSU Tuchel w/ Jorgen schou Transformer Wiring?

Can anybody shed some light on wiring up a vintage psu unit with tuchel connector from denmark?

I've purchased it to power up some EMT unit i have and bought some NPT modules along with it.

It looks to be in fantastic condition. RCA 2N3055 x 2 mounted on a tidy heat sink.
Good looking Jorgen Schou transformer..
Whole lot in a nice slide in locking unit which looks to have come from an outboard rack or dedicated console bay...

The question is.. I have no schematic for this unit.. Does anyone know what desk it might have come from?

After investigation / contemplation i wired the rear tuchel connector to match the internal wiring terminal colours..

The unit is 22v AC to 26 VDC.

I soldered 240v live to the red. neg to the black wire and the earth to pins 5 and 6 which are case ground.

Unfortunately... or fortunately the main PWR inline fuse.. a slow blow 240 v job, blew fairly instantly. Not a nasty smoke and light affair...
Just a quiet pop and luckily no smell.

Any info or experiences with similar would be ideal.
Seller said it was all working nicely.. i've emailed to ask for more details.
Thanks
Matt
Attached Thumbnails
German PSU Tuchel w/ Jorgen schou Transformer Wiring?-js.jpg   German PSU Tuchel w/ Jorgen schou Transformer Wiring?-psu-int-pwr-wiring.jpg   German PSU Tuchel w/ Jorgen schou Transformer Wiring?-psu-js-wide.jpg   German PSU Tuchel w/ Jorgen schou Transformer Wiring?-psu-pwr.jpg   German PSU Tuchel w/ Jorgen schou Transformer Wiring?-psu-rca.jpg  

German PSU Tuchel w/ Jorgen schou Transformer Wiring?-psu-friends-wide.jpg  

Last edited by dreadbizniz; 5th July 2014 at 03:25 AM.. Reason: typo
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search