The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Combining 2 Amps Effects loops Stereo Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 2nd July 2014
Here for the gear

Combining 2 Amps Effects loops Stereo

Is this possible:

Guitar > Tuner > Fuzz > Wah > Lehle Dual ABY - Line A and Line B

Line A > Clean Combo

Line B > Tube Screamer > Halfstack slightly Overdriven

So far ok but then.....

Clean Combo Effectsloop Send > Chorus Stereo input 1 > Reverb Input 1 >Delay Input 1 > Clean Combo Return.

Halfstack Effectsloop Send > Chorus Stereo input 2 (same pedal as above) > Reverb input 2 (Same aswell) > Delay input 2 (Same Aswell) > Halfstack return

Will this give me the stereo pingpong effect, schimmering big chorus etc. Without the hum, ground loops, etc.

all pedals powered by Voodoo Labs 4x4 Pedal Power.

all tips and advice welcome.

With kind regards,

Leonidas
Old 2nd July 2014
Lives for gear

If your delay's set to ping pong and your chorus' actually a stereo chorus, it will work.

Though there's not a small sound difference between a clean combo and a slightly overdriven half stack, so the chorus will sound pretty funny.
The ping pong delay will still sound funny but less funny.
Old 2nd July 2014
Here for the gear

And funny is good or weird ?
Old 3rd July 2014
Lives for gear

Weird.
Especially for the chorus I'd clean up the stack.

I mean, maybe you'll like that, weird may sound good to you, and it's not like it's difficult to turn gain controls down anyway, so try doing it and see how you like it.
Old 3rd July 2014
Gear Head

If you really want separate clean & crunch simulaniously AND Stereo then I would consider a Wet Dry Wet setup

Guitar > Tuner > Fuzz > Wah > Lehle Dual ABY - Line A and Line B

Line A > Stereo Effects > Two Clean Combos (straight into both OR if effects are true stereo then you could use the loops I suppose but not really needed for a clean amp)

Line B > Tube Screamer > Halfstack slightly Overdriven

I think you will be happier.

Also you can use a clean stereo power amp or stereo guitar power amp to two cabs in place of two clean combos.

Have fun experimenting.

The rig you are after will sound great but it will definatly break your back after you lug it around a few times. I hope you have some competent roadies who work cheap!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search