The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analog tape delay Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 7th September 2014
Lives for gear

I have owned a Fulltone TTE for a long time now and use it on almost every mix I do.

They are great little boxes that are built quite well have a great vibe.

Also great for tracking.

To use it with line level you need a reamp.
Old 7th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramism View Post
any reports of fulltone TTE for lead vox?
I love it on lead vocals!
Old 8th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybluerental View Post
I love it on lead vocals!
so even something like vocals out of pro tools, you use a reamp box before goign into tte??
Old 8th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
so even something like vocals out of pro tools, you use a reamp box before goign into tte??
Yes,

The TTE has instrument level input, so you have to use a reamp box when sending it line level.

During mixing the signal will flow like this.

Aux send (from Pro Tools or console) - Reamp - TTE - DI - console channel - AD - PT.

I usually print the delay back into the multi track session.
Old 8th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Me too. Luckily in the Metric Halo console I can select from instrument, -10 or +4 for sends and returns so I don't have to muck around with DIs and reamps and such.
Old 8th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes,

The TTE has instrument level input, so you have to use a reamp box when sending it line level.

During mixing the signal will flow like this.

Aux send (from Pro Tools or console) - Reamp - TTE - DI - console channel - AD - PT.

great thanks, but technically speaking, what would be wrong about just having it go right back into my ADC? I guess I can send it into a preamp? OR could I send it to a DI box and straight into ADC?
Old 10th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
great thanks, but technically speaking, what would be wrong about just having it go right back into my ADC? I guess I can send it into a preamp? OR could I send it to a DI box and straight into ADC?
The level will be VERY low.

TTE is instrument level output.

Its like plugging an electric guitar straight into your ADC.

Won't work.

I have a Neve DI with gain on it that I use sometimes if I dont want to go through the console.

You will need some amplification to get the signal to a useable level going from the TTE into an ADC.
Old 10th September 2014
Gear Addict

I love my TTE on vocal. And of course it works perfectly well on many other things too.
Attached Thumbnails
Analog tape delay-fulltone-tube-echo.jpg  
Old 10th September 2014
Lives for gear

Do any of the other tape delays self oscillate? That is a cool effect. I have a space echo. Cleaned up a bit, put it some new tape and its good to go. I might demagnetize the heads in a bit.
Old 10th September 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwet View Post
Do any of the other tape delays self oscillate? That is a cool effect. I have a space echo. Cleaned up a bit, put it some new tape and its good to go. I might demagnetize the heads in a bit.
My Multivox echo can self oscillate like a mofo. I have made recordings of just playing with the knobs and buttons on it once I get it started. Sounds like something from a science fiction movie.
Old 11th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
My Multivox echo can self oscillate like a mofo. I have made recordings of just playing with the knobs and buttons on it once I get it started. Sounds like something from a science fiction movie.
Hmmm... Im going to check that out.
Old 11th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwet View Post
TTE will self oscillate in high speed mode beautifully.......
Old 6th October 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
I love my Multivox MX-201! I have owned Roland RE-101's, RE-150's and RE-201's over the years, but I always go back to my Multivox. My only advice to anybody seriously considering a tape echo for the first time, is be prepared to work on it. If you are the type that pays somebody to service your equipment, you might be better off with a pedal delay likea Moog or Korg's RE-20.
Old 6th October 2014
I can highly recommend the strymon el capistan, it sounds wonderful in mixes, very much like a real analog delay in the way it responds, I am always re-amping things through it and my other guitar pedals.
Old 12th November 2014
Gear Addict

waiting for the SSTE , looks like it's getting closer
Old 9th December 2014
Gear Guru

I have some Roland tapes for the Multivox or Roland Space Echo in the classifieds.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search