The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lexicon 224X v. 8.1 NEED PRESETS Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 29th June 2014
Lives for gear

Lexicon 224X v. 8.1 NEED PRESETS

I've been asking around everywhere and done a bunch of searches and can't seem to find anything except manuals for 224 and 224XL

I just got a 224X v. 8.1, with the blue remote.

Does ANYONE have a manual for the this exact version? Please, not other versions as they are different.

At the bare minimum, at least a preset list. I can manage just going off ear but it's a little annoying to be honest and would be helpful to know what the hell I'm doing.

Thanks
Old 29th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramism View Post
I've been asking around everywhere and done a bunch of searches and can't seem to find anything except manuals for 224 and 224XL

I just got a 224X v. 8.1, with the blue remote.

Does ANYONE have a manual for the this exact version? Please, not other versions as they are different.

At the bare minimum, at least a preset list. I can manage just going off ear but it's a little annoying to be honest and would be helpful to know what the hell I'm doing.

Thanks
That might be because the 224 is actually the 224X though with the 1st LARC and additional software not the white Larc later 224XL's were able to use alongside other larcs & mainframes. I'd also be very polite and ask people nicely as it nearly sounds like your shouting in a post what you don't want and in terms of what you do! This will no flood you with replies.Though I shall reply as I think you've made a misunderstanding....So I shall reply politely being as specific as you are in insisting what you don't want and try and help you. A picture of your unit and Larc will clarify a great deal.

Regards
TheLastByte
Old 29th June 2014
Lives for gear

Well I'm not shouting, I just made the points bold because after searching for a while in other threads other people have asked the same response and people have given them the answers for the wrong versions. So I wanted to make it clear that I have the 224X, which came after the 224 and before the XL. Therefore manuals and presets from other versions will not do me any good. The XL from what I understand had a different LARC and was able to be controlled by the same LARC that controlled the 480L this way people could run both off the same remote. However, the programs are different in all the versions. I've been able to find the manuals for 224 and 224XL but not for X. I'm not speaking as a Lexicon employee so I may have some facts not 100% right but I do know that the versiosn are all different, hence why above I indicated exactly the version I have and the remote type.

In case that is not enough here are pictures:

PS - Sorry they are coming in upside down I'm not sure why
Attached Thumbnails
Lexicon 224X v. 8.1 NEED PRESETS-photo-2.jpg   Lexicon 224X v. 8.1 NEED PRESETS-photo-1.jpg  
Old 4th November 2015
Gear Head

I also just got the 224X with blue remote and im wondering how many banks of effects you can access. I have presets in the 1-7 buttons where the 8 is empty. Do i have more presets somewhere and how do i access them please?

thank you :-)
Old 5th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramism View Post
Well I'm not shouting, I just made the points bold because after searching for a while in other threads other people have asked the same response and people have given them the answers for the wrong versions. So I wanted to make it clear that I have the 224X, which came after the 224 and before the XL. Therefore manuals and presets from other versions will not do me any good. The XL from what I understand had a different LARC and was able to be controlled by the same LARC that controlled the 480L this way people could run both off the same remote. However, the programs are different in all the versions. I've been able to find the manuals for 224 and 224XL but not for X. I'm not speaking as a Lexicon employee so I may have some facts not 100% right but I do know that the versiosn are all different, hence why above I indicated exactly the version I have and the remote type.

In case that is not enough here are pictures:

PS - Sorry they are coming in upside down I'm not sure why
Yes I have the 224X (Not 224 or XL) though 224/X 8.2 User Manual and Schematics. Send me a PM. I should add v8.2 is scribbled on the manual, this seems a differing version, though from 8 upwards with splits etc.

Kind Regards
TheLastByte
Old 5th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtank View Post
I also just got the 224X with blue remote and im wondering how many banks of effects you can access. I have presets in the 1-7 buttons where the 8 is empty. Do i have more presets somewhere and how do i access them please?

thank you :-)
Could you both list your 224/X banks so we are Talking on the same page ( in the case of 8 that is for your registers etc)

Thanks

TLB
Old 5th November 2015
Gear Head

What banks? How do i access different banks on the 224X with blue remote?
I can only access programs 1-7 and AFAIK there are no other banks?
Old 5th November 2015
Lives for gear

Hi TLB, there must be a misunderstanding.
To my knowledge 8.2 is a LARC release so this would make yours a 224XL not 224x.

The 224x/224xl mainframes look the same
(except for the added LARC remote connector).
It always reads 224x on them even if you have a 224xl.

Here is the 8.2 manual...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 224XLowners.pdf (14.15 MB, 121 views)
Old 6th November 2015
Gear Head

so do any one know how to access different banks on the blue remote? i 224x v8.1
Old 6th November 2015
Lives for gear

I can only guess that the save/recall structure on the 224x is somewhat similar to the original 224 as it basically has the same remote.
There is a lot of added functionality on the 224x, but maybe it might help to go by the original 224 manual.

I have never seen a 224x manual myself and info on the x is really sparse as most where upgraded to xl.
Someone must have a manual though...
Old 8th November 2015
Gear Head

does someone know the answer to my question please?..
Old 8th November 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by nednerd View Post
Hi TLB, there must be a misunderstanding.
To my knowledge 8.2 is a LARC release so this would make yours a 224XL not 224x.

The 224x/224xl mainframes look the same
(except for the added LARC remote connector).
It always reads 224x on them even if you have a 224xl.

Here is the 8.2 manual...

That is correct. 8.1 was the last firmware released for the 224x. 8.1a and up were 224xl firmwares.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search