The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DreamHire mic rental
Old 29th June 2014
Gear Head

DreamHire mic rental

Has anyone used Dreamhire before? I was thinking about using a u87 of theirs for a couple days. Their site says 50 dollars first day.. Does anybody know if, or how much that price changes for more than one day?
Old 29th June 2014
Lives for gear

They're great folks. They definitely discount for multiple day rentals. I seem to remember paying for 4 days on a week rental. But I may not be correct on that or it may have changed. Just call or email them, they'll be happy to give you a quote.
Old 29th June 2014
Gear Head

Thanks for the info. so basically what your saying is, you don't think it's 50 dollars for the first day and then like double that price for the next day? even rate or maybe even cheaper for multiple days?
Old 29th June 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turntspy View Post
Thanks for the info. so basically what your saying is, you don't think it's 50 dollars for the first day and then like double that price for the next day? even rate or maybe even cheaper for multiple days?
it's been a while since I was in the rental business, but generally there is a discount for longer times. Usually, it is something along the lines of, if you have it for a week you pay for 4 days, or if you have it for a month you pay for 3 weeks, etc.

sometimes if an item is in great demand, and they want it back right away, that item may not offer the discount.
Old 29th June 2014
dreamhire are legit (though its been a while since I used them). Tell them what you want and how long. The longer you need it the cheaper it gets
Old 30th June 2014
Gear Head

Great. Thanks guys
Old 1st July 2014
Use them all the time for mics and have rented several HD & HDX setups from them as well. They bill a 4 day week and are great guys to deal with
Old 1st July 2014
I haven't rented in years, but when I did I always used Dreamhire.
Old 1st July 2014
Gear Nut

Great place if you're on that side of the river. They also deliver
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search