The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Analog summing digital I/O and monitoring
Old 28th June 2014
Lives for gear

Analog summing digital I/O and monitoring

Looking for some advise on summing monitoring solutions. I'll be setting up a PT HD Avid 16x16 I/O summing thru an SSL Sigma and then sending the stereo sum through a Burl B2AD back into the 16x16 using AES. The plan is to capture the sum into PT. I want to be able to monitor the entire system so would it be best to capture in PT using AES in and then set the out put for that track as AES out and then send the AES out of the Avid to a Cranesong Avoset digital input? Then monitor through the Avocet by selecting record and monitor on the track capturing summed audio? I can't think of another way to monitor the entire system. Thoughts? Would latency be a huge issue? I won't be doing any recording so I shouldn't be too worried about it. Just wondering. I guess I won't know until I get everything set up next week.

The other question is clocking? Would it be best to clock the Avid from the Burl using wordclock? Or is it okay to just use the DAW clock and use the AES traffic to send the clock around? One issue is that the Avocet doesn't have wordclock. My first thought is to use AES and clock the Avid externally from the Burl.
Old 29th June 2014
Lives for gear

Never mind. I figured it out myself. No need for advise.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search