The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Schoeps CMD 2U Condenser Microphones
Old 27th June 2014
Lives for gear

Schoeps CMD 2U

I've been looking at a few high end mics, including the Schoeps CMC 6 with various mic capsules. Thought it might be interesting to consider AES42. Turns out that Schoeps used to make the CMD 2U digital preamp module that could be used interchangeably with the the CMC 6 preamp (that is, it could be used with all the same mic capsules). But now it's mostly gone from their website, and the online merchants that used to carry it have it listed as discontinued.

Oddest yet, I don't find anything about a replacement. I was hoping they were going to make a full mode-2 preamp. But their actions (or lack thereof) makes it look like they are just dropping the whole digital microphone idea.

So, anyone know what's up with Schoeps and digital? Is the CMD dead, not to be replaced? Or is there a CMD upgrade in the works?
Old 27th June 2014
nkf
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
So, anyone know what's up with Schoeps and digital? Is the CMD dead, not to be replaced? Or is there a CMD upgrade in the works?
In emails of Helmut Wittek from Schoeps to me in reply of the same question some months ago, he mentioned they're indeed working on a new digital CMD body with mode 2. He wrote that a CMD with Mode 2 will come but has no top priority at Schoeps. The demand seems very low. Maybe you let Schoeps know you're interested.
Old 27th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkf View Post
Maybe you let Schoeps know you're interested.
Done. Perhaps it will help.
Old 28th June 2014
Lives for gear

I have made another enquiry too. Will report response.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search