The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Calling Studer 961/962 users!
Old 26th June 2014
Gear Addict

Calling Studer 961/962 users!

Hi folks,

Was hoping any 961/2 users could help me.. I'm getting my 962 cleaned up at the moment and I have never used it. Just looking at the manual I've noticed there are no AUX returns so will probably have to end up using a couple of channels... There is a question I have regarding the 'High Level inputs' on the master channels... I take it this is line level and for some miscellaneous source, but can this operate 'alongside' or within the live mix bus..? Or is it one or the other? It would be great if it could coz I guess then I could use that as a stereo aux return.

I'm a bit confused on how this works as well, the manual says it is active when the mute buttons are released..?

Any info much appreciated!
Old 26th June 2014
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartHunter View Post
Just looking at the manual I've noticed there are no AUX returns so will probably have to end up using a couple of channels... There is a question I have regarding the 'High Level inputs' on the master channels... I take it this is line level and for some miscellaneous source, but can this operate 'alongside' or within the live mix bus..?
These are your "aux" ins. If you use your channel aux post fader for feeding a reverb unit, the wet signal from the reverb is mixed in by the High-level returns on the masters.
Old 26th June 2014
Gear Nut

Neat
Old 26th June 2014
Gear Addict

Excellent!! So these are always live or do you switch them in somehow?
Old 29th June 2014
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartHunter View Post
Excellent!! So these are always live or do you switch them in somehow?

That is long ago. I think there is a grey switch under the large knob which is marked as HL input on the masters. No the grey switch was a pfl, so the HL are to be opened by the HL input potentiometer only. (edit)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search