The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Telefunken v610
Old 23rd June 2014
Here for the gear

Telefunken v610

Hi !
Just got this Telefunken box with 4 micpres probably for field work. There´s no product number, just the Telefunken logo. I opened it up and on the 4 preamps it says v610 (universal audio I´m thinking?). Inside, built with modules. It´s switchable between 12v and 220/110v. I didn´t find anything on the web so far. Hard to search without any product name or number. Anyone have any info on this beast ? Too, of course, I´m interested in knowing from what era it is.. more or less i guess.
Regards / Ras
Attached Thumbnails
Telefunken v610-telefu-1.jpg  
Old 23rd June 2014
Lives for gear

Totally not urei related
Old 24th June 2014
Here for the gear

ye, maybe a wild guess.. strange, I can´t find anything on this one. Was thinking that there must be some sort of telefunken product list over the years somewhere. well, for 10€ it can´t be that bad of a deal.. thanks for responce
Old 24th June 2014
Lives for gear

Transistorized Microphone Preamplifier
Series F
Old 24th June 2014
Lives for gear

I have a couple of these modules racked up. What else do you know about them nickelironsteel? I was told mine probably came from a radio studio and are germanium.
Old 24th June 2014
Lives for gear

Open them up take fotos specs are around
Old 24th June 2014
Lives for gear

I'm not technically-minded enough to get much from that. I'm more curious about their history or general impressions from people who've used them.
Old 26th June 2014
Here for the gear

Oki ! And thanks nickelironsteel ! Sounds good to me. Do you know any web page where to find more info on these micpres ? Donno if this unit is worth any proper cash or I´ll just follow my inner soundnerd and use em myself.. Thanks for responses !!
Old 26th June 2014
Here for the gear

And ye, I will open em up and take proper photos when home again inna couple of weeks. Rite now on a road trip surfing south of portugal.
Old 26th June 2014
Lives for gear

Worth pennies
Old 26th June 2014
Lives for gear

Can you elaborate just a tiny bit nickelironsteel, or does it involve some kind of secret handshake?
Old 26th June 2014
Here for the gear

Elaborate, nice put.. Yes, very please, or if you know ways of me finding out for myself and get a better picture of this heavy beast. -Found it surrounded by trash and more trash on a hippie fleemarket out here on the countryside south of Portugal. Would be nice to see the history and travels of this one !
Old 27th June 2014
Lives for gear

Telefunken produced a ton of cost effective radio and remote recording stuff entering the transistor age

If it works for you awsome but ive been through a lot of similar units and had a pass on most

One of the very few i kept is the siemens ela 1208 mixer which even though transistorized has a very musical hi eq which shines on electric guitars
Others hated it and sold it for pennies

Most of the transistorized stuff doesnt have the vintage cult value for a reason: lack of headroom
Old 28th June 2014
Here for the gear

Ok, thanks again nickel. What I´m after is character in sound and equipment so we´ll see if it fits my sound when I get back home and connect it up with my setup. Cheers bro
Old 28th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras rasmusson View Post
And ye, I will open em up and take proper photos when home again inna couple of weeks. Rite now on a road trip surfing south of portugal.
Arrifana! Hope there's some swell? Have fun!

R.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search