The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Undertone Console are unavailable !!!!
Old 22nd June 2014
Gear Nut
Undertone Console are unavailable !!!!

Now that I have the money for it, they are unavailable

UnderToneAudio
Old 22nd June 2014
What a pity!

I'm sure, they are back soon with consoles.

R.
Old 23rd June 2014
Gear Nut

if the market demands it more than, or as much as rack gear then they'll make more of them. but as any company (big or small) must, they are directing their resources where there seems to be the most demand
Old 23rd June 2014
Lives for gear

Much easier to recoup costs of engineering, development and all materials on a less complex item such as a preamp. If this were not the case, the profit margin on modules would be the same as the console.

I suspect any increased demand and subsequent return to mfg of the consoles will be accompanied by an increase in price.
Old 23rd June 2014
Gear Guru

yeah its a shame but I really cant blame him.designing/building high end custom one off consoles is very time consuming and expensive..for the profit margin its probably not worth the hassle anymore.plus its not like the laptop kids are rushing out to make orders.
last time i checked Eric was a very busy producer/engineer.
its not like an API manufacturing kinda deal.most of the stuff is hand made by a few talented people.
I do know the guy who's getting the last one..cant wait to see that thing in person.
Old 23rd June 2014

Make him an offer he can't refuse

matt
Old 24th June 2014
Custom Analog Consoles are rare birdies,
as are other specialty items in High End Audio,
Old 25th June 2014
He's still got a link there for custom console orders.
Old 25th June 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Pike View Post
It's not happening anymore
Old 25th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Pike View Post
And statement on the front page: "Unfortunately, our LC Consoles are unavailable for order. Our resources are finite and as of late, we have been focusing all of them on our rack mounted products."
Old 25th June 2014
Lives for gear

And thus the "vintage" tag now applies, and the price of the few consoles that exist shall skyrocket.... starting.... now!
Old 27th June 2014
Gear Maniac

While I completely understand the challenges/effort of LFAC production...I think Eric should consider doing an 8 channel/side car type of offering thats essentially 8 of his MPEQ1's and his tube mix buss with some faders and meters. That would be a breast, and an incredible solution for the hybrid approach, while offering something that doesnt have to incur the 'custom' costs that tax the margins on the larger offerings. (would also be at a pricepoint where many others could do more than dream
Old 27th June 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bink View Post
While I completely understand the challenges/effort of LFAC production...I think Eric should consider doing an 8 channel/side car type of offering thats essentially 8 of his MPEQ1's and his tube mix buss with some faders and meters. That would be a breast, and an incredible solution for the hybrid approach, while offering something that doesnt have to incur the 'custom' costs that tax the margins on the larger offerings. (would also be at a pricepoint where many others could do more than dream
I was thinking the same. 8 channel, with 8 channel expanders.

Not that I'm in the market, but hey, this is the internet.

matt
Old 27th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bink View Post
I talked to him on the phone about something like that a couple of months back. It's still not cheap as the 'mix buss' circuitry is the same price if you have 8 channels or if you have 72...
Old 28th June 2014
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt thomas View Post
I was thinking the same. 8 channel, with 8 channel expanders.

Not that I'm in the market, but hey, this is the internet.

matt
Not to be rude, but this is probably why he doesn't make the consoles anymore: Everyone saying, "a 72 channel all tube super gonzo would be awesome - not that I have the money for it". Hard to run a business on gearslut conjecture.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search