The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wow! Eve Audio TS108 Sub!
Old 21st June 2014
Gear Head

Wow! Eve Audio TS108 Sub!

After 6 long years of blasting my Barefoot MM27's for 10-18 hours a day, my left channel just gave out right during a super important week.
(I believe it's an amp issue...and makes no sound)

Only left with my NS-10s and Bryston 4B, the sudden lack of anything and everything under 100hz left me in an utter state of panic.

Today, I went to our local gear shop here in Tokyo, asked them what they had in stock right then and there, and the only one they had in stock was the Eve Audio TS108.

I did a few searches on the web...with next to no information or reviews on the unit, but seeing no other choice, I plunked down the $1,000 for the unit.

Bringing it back to the studio...man, am I impressed!
btw, I'm no engineer, but a record producer that loves his gear.

Super clean, super tight, bass extension all the way down to where I need it. (The documentation says 29hz...but it feels about right)
3 different filter setups ( they recommend the .sat filter which is basically a crossover to separate the signal to the SW and the mains, but I ended up using the sub filter set to 120hz)

There's also a cool wireless remote control unit, so you can control overall volume, sub volume, phase button for sub, and sub filter + - buttons to control cutoff freqs.

Anyways, I just noticed there are no reviews or mention of this unit, or of the Eve Audio lineup here on GS, so I decided to post my own lil recommendation.

Though I bought it as a temporary band-aid so I can continue to limp to work while I fix my Barefoots, I'm happy to say after fidgeting with the subwoofer and settings for about 30 minutes, I am back to my work happy and confident using this new found combo.

I know there are a few people with NS-10s and Subwoofers by Genelec, KRK, Yamaha...but somehow managed to stumble on a cool unit that I think sounds world class.

Best,
nikkei
Old 21st June 2014
Omedetou!
Eve makes great products
Old 26th June 2014
Here for the gear

Any knowledgable audio engineer will be quick to raise concerns about the whole 2.1 system with good reason. There are many variables to factor when introducing a sub into a reference monitoring system. I have to say that eve have nailed this completely. The sub compliments the satellites without any of the usual overlaps and resonance issues. This is pure separation, clean, clinical. Super tight! I continue to be blown away the more I listen to them!!!!
Old 18th April 2015
Gear Addict

Ok I just received my Eve TS108 sub and it sounds good but now there are white hiss noise coming out of my satellites (Adam P11A).

Can any Eve sub owners confirm this ?

Last edited by xqtion; 18th April 2015 at 07:21 AM..
Old 12th May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqtion View Post
Ok I just received my Eve TS108 sub and it sounds good but now there are white hiss noise coming out of my satellites (Adam P11A).

Can any Eve sub owners confirm this ?
I have ts107 sub with the sc205. There is a whistle kind of noise from one or both the satellites when connecting the sub. Its sometimes there , sometimes not there. Is this the problem you are facing ?
Old 28th September 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monitorlove View Post
I have ts107 sub with the sc205. There is a whistle kind of noise from one or both the satellites when connecting the sub. Its sometimes there , sometimes not there. Is this the problem you are facing ?
Hi there,

Excuse me for resurrecting this thread, but I am about to purchase a TS110 (or TS108, need to decide still), and I'm wondering, does this problem persist?

From your posts, I know that you are (were?) pretty satisfied with the system, so could you share some more info on this noise issue and is it loud enough to be a problem (although even if it's the faintest sound, I sure don't want it

Cheers, K.
Old 14th August 2018
Lives for gear

Thought I’d bump this. Any more users of this sub out there? Any more issues with the sub? I’m thinking of adding one to my Neumann KH120’s.
Old 14th August 2018
Gear Addict

I am really happy with the TS108 as extension to the Amphions One 15 here. I wouldn't want to work without it ever and am considering adding some more Eve speakers in the near future. There is a bit of white noise coming from the one 15s but it is really low and never bothered me - it's at least 12 dB quieter than the fans of the laptop workstation here. Also, haven't investigated if it's coming from the TS108 or the Amphion's amp - can't be bothered since it's a non issue.

Strongly recommended!
Old 14th August 2018
Lives for gear

Thanks. I'm hearing quite a lot about the white noise thing when using the Eve TS subs. The room I work in is pretty much silent and the only thing that generates any hint of noise would be my computer. However my computer uses SSD's and extremely quiet fans and I can't hear those even when I have my ear right next to the computer!
Old 14th August 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Thanks. I'm hearing quite a lot about the white noise thing when using the Eve TS subs. The room I work in is pretty much silent and the only thing that generates any hint of noise would be my computer. However my computer uses SSD's and extremely quiet fans and I can't hear those even when I have my ear right next to the computer!
My studio is also pretty quiet - about 34 dB SPL A weighted at the monitoring position without the laptop working - 40 db with laptop's fans (should get rid of that thing).

While not monitoring, I can barely hear the noise from the monitors, on the verge of my hearing horizon, which I think is OK for a 40 year old guy.

Also, my setup is such that the volume of the TS108 is maxed. I could lower it about 10 dB and compensate from the interface, but some projects like indie movies require the dynamic range. Also, I am using IK Multimedia ARC to equilize the output of the DAW which sacrifices exactly 10 dB of the system's headroom.

So I imagine that if your situation does not require to max volume of the TS108, the noise will be non existent at the monitoring position.
Old 16th August 2018
Lives for gear

I spoke to someone at Eve Audio this morning regarding the TS Subs possibly adding white noise/hiss to the satellites and had this response :-

"According to our tests and measurements TS108 does not add any hiss or noise to any satellites"

I'm thinking of picking up a TS108 to use with my Neumann KH120's.
Old 16th August 2018
Mastering Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariva View Post
I am really happy with the TS108 as extension to the Amphions One 15 here. I wouldn't want to work without it ever and am considering adding some more Eve speakers in the near future. There is a bit of white noise coming from the one 15s but it is really low and never bothered me - it's at least 12 dB quieter than the fans of the laptop workstation here. Also, haven't investigated if it's coming from the TS108 or the Amphion's amp - can't be bothered since it's a non issue.

Strongly recommended!
Are you using. single sub setup with the One15s or two TS108s?
Cheers!
Old 17th August 2018
Lives for gear

Just ordered a TS108 to use with my Neumann's. Should be here early next week!
Old 18th August 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Just ordered a TS108 to use with my Neumann's. Should be here early next week!

Do report back how it works! Tried my kh120s with the ts107, but it didn’t quite do it. Looking at the 108 or 110 instead
Old 18th August 2018
Lives for gear

Will do
Old 19th August 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
Are you using. single sub setup with the One15s or two TS108s?
Cheers!
One sub, for now. I've been looking into using multiple subs in small and medium rooms to even out low frequency response, but decided to spent some time with a single one first. IK Multimedia's ARC is indispensable for my setup.
Old 20th August 2018
Lives for gear

The Eve TS108 arrived today and I’ve been trying it out very briefly. I haven’t experimented with positioning or done any sweeps etc yet but initial impressions are good.
I will be using this sub for mixing a wide range of acoustic music - Jazz, Classical, Gospel, Rock/Pop etc and the TS108 is sounding very nice during my brief tests. I don’t have them turned up very high in my current small mixing room as it’s unnecessary but you can still feel the punch of the bass and the TS108 goes pretty low.
I’ve tried a sub in my small room before as I was given an Acoustic Energy dual 10” Pro Sub. This was a good sub but was complete overkill for my room and I found it hard to integrate with my satellite speakers. So far, the Eve TS108 seems to integrate with the KH120’s much better despite not calibrating the system yet!

However, in the next few months I’m going to be moving to a space almost twice as big as my current mixing room. Whilst the TS108 seems like it will integrate with the KH120’s really well for my small space I am partly wondering if I should go with the larger TS110 (though these are almost double the price of what I paid for the TS108).

I’m not sure it will be a good idea getting the bigger TS110 because of the problems even lower frequencies can cause in a room? I’m also wondering if it will be necessary for the styles of music I’ll be mixing?

I’m going to get some measurements for the new mix room over the next couple days and will report back
Old 21st August 2018
Lives for gear

I’ve measured the room I’m moving into and it’s not quite as big as I thought. The room measures 5.6 x 4.4 x 2.2m.
Old 21st August 2018
Lives for gear

I'm really enjoying the using the Eve TS108 so far. The remote control feature works brilliantly as well!

The only small negative I've found so far is the increase of hiss coming through the KH120's when you turn the System Volume on the TS108's above 50%. I'm not noticing any increase in hiss when I turn up the Sub Volume it only happens when I turn the whole System Volume up beyond 50%. I'm guessing this is due to adding another analogue device (TS108) into the audio chain?
My mixing room has very little ambient noise and my computer is pretty much silent as it uses SSD's and ultra quiet fans so any hiss can be pretty noticeable!
At the moment I have my monitoring chain turned down quite a lot. The KH120's output setting has been turned down from the 114dB setting to 100dB and the output on my audio interface is never really turned up beyond 50%! This means I have a lot of headroom left!
Old 21st August 2018
Quote:
However, in the next few months I’m going to be moving to a space almost twice as big as my current mixing room. Whilst the TS108 seems like it will integrate with the KH120’s really well for my small space I am partly wondering if I should go with the larger TS110 (though these are almost double the price of what I paid for the TS108).

I’m not sure it will be a good idea getting the bigger TS110 because of the problems even lower frequencies can cause in a room? I’m also wondering if it will be necessary for the styles of music I’ll be mixing?

I’m going to get some measurements for the new mix room over the next couple days and will report back
If you are thinking about the TS110 in the future, i would advise trying 2 x TS108's instead....
I tried the TS110 sub vs 2 x TS108's and was shocked how much better a dual sub integrates compared to a single sub.
If you have measurement mic/software its very easy to setup.

Now that i've tried a dual sub setup i'll never be able to go back to a single sub anyways, you have to hear it to believe it :-)
Old 22nd August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeKBoT View Post
If you are thinking about the TS110 in the future, i would advise trying 2 x TS108's instead....
I tried the TS110 sub vs 2 x TS108's and was shocked how much better a dual sub integrates compared to a single sub.
If you have measurement mic/software its very easy to setup.

Now that i've tried a dual sub setup i'll never be able to go back to a single sub anyways, you have to hear it to believe it :-)
Thanks. I'm not really looking for an increase in output but maybe a little more depth of bass?

Out of curiosity. Can you control both TS108's with a single remote?
Old 22nd August 2018
Quote:
Thanks. I'm not really looking for an increase in output but maybe a little more depth of bass?

Out of curiosity. Can you control both TS108's with a single remote?

Yes you can use one remote only.
I wasn’t looking for an increase in output either.
Dual subs have increased accuracy for mixing and also placed the sub frequencys bang in the center of the room.
There are probably other benefits of having dual subs but i’m not an expert in that area :-)

Last edited by TeKBoT; 24th August 2018 at 12:00 AM..
Old 24th August 2018
Lives for gear

I've been busy trying to understand why I'm getting hiss when I turn up the EVE TS108 System Volume beyond 50% and have concluded that the EVE is not adding any hiss to the KH120's! This is what I've found :-

1/ When I bypass the sub and plug my Focusrite Saffire directly into the KH120's I'm getting roughly 50% more output with no increase in hiss. However, when I turn the Saffire's master volume up beyond 50% I get an increase in hiss (like when turning the System Volume up on the EVE TS108 sub beyond 50%).

2/ If I plug into the EVE TS108 before the KH120's and have both the Focusrite master volume set to 50% and System Volume of the EVE set at 50% I get no increase in hiss but the overall volume is 50% lower. However, now if I increase the Focusrite's master volume to 100% I'm not getting an increase in hiss this time and am getting the same output level as when plugging the Focusrite (master volume set at 50%) directly into the KH120's :thumbup:

From this I've concluded that the TS108 is not adding the hiss to the KH120's but instead the gain staging has changed!?
Old 6th September 2018
Gear Nut

I own TS110, and have a small problem as well.
No hiss at all, but not enough volume before the DSP of the sub clips.

Basically, my setup is system volume 100%, max input +7dbu at the back.

But many times i need more volume, and the sub starts clipping.

I tried changing the max input on the back to +22dbu but nothing really changed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 6th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Tomb View Post
I own TS110, and have a small problem as well.
No hiss at all, but not enough volume before the DSP of the sub clips.

Basically, my setup is system volume 100%, max input +7dbu at the back.

But many times i need more volume, and the sub starts clipping.

I tried changing the max input on the back to +22dbu but nothing really changed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
What tops are you using with the TS110? Sounds like you're monitoring at very high volumes?
At the moment I've got the system volume set to 50% and the master volume on my audio interface set to 50% and this is more than enough for my small room. I briefly tried turning up the volume of my audio interface to around 70% but the volume was starting to become unbearable but no clipping on the TS108.
Old 6th September 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
What tops are you using with the TS110? Sounds like you're monitoring at very high volumes?
At the moment I've got the system volume set to 50% and the master volume on my audio interface set to 50% and this is more than enough for my small room. I briefly tried turning up the volume of my audio interface to around 70% but the volume was starting to become unbearable but no clipping on the TS108.

I have prodipe ribbon 8 tops.
After testing my system now, I realised that might be the tops that are clipping!
But still my monitoring volume wouldn't call it very loud.
Old 6th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Tomb View Post
I have prodipe ribbon 8 tops.
After testing my system now, I realised that might be the tops that are clipping!
But still my monitoring volume wouldn't call it very loud.
Are you getting a limit light appear on the sub? How big is you room?
Old 7th September 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Are you getting a limit light appear on the sub? How big is you room?
Yes i see the limit light, my room is around 4 x10 meters, but i trust my ears more at listening position.
Old 8th September 2018
Lives for gear

Your room is definitely bigger than mine so naturally I don’t need my TS08 turned up very loud at all. However, I’m surprised that your TS110 is clipping and still not be loud enough? What do you have your interface output set to and what is your sub output set to? Is your monitoring room acoustically treated?
Old 12th September 2018
Gear Nut

I found out that are my monitors that are clipping but also the sub sometimes. I guess this is their limit. My room i think is overly treated thats why need loud volume

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search