The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wow! Eve Audio TS108 Sub!
Old 5th May 2019
Lives for gear

Just yesterday bought TS108 for a good price, but stupid as I am I cannot find how to adjust the sub level against the system level

Matti
Old 5th May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti View Post
Just yesterday bought TS108 for a good price, but stupid as I am I cannot find how to adjust the sub level against the system level

Matti

Here you go :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Wow!  Eve Audio TS108 Sub!-screen-shot-2019-05-05-15.35.26.png  
Old 5th May 2019
mrc
Lives for gear
There are other good options in this price range, one of them being rythmik audio. For the same price they have a 12” servo sub with class a-b 370w amp and lots of options for integrating.
I m not affiliated with them in any way, i m just a very happy customer and i think they have a really good price/quality ratio.
Ps: i have attached my measurement of the rythmik and the published eve response.
I can t seem to find a phase response for the eve, but i m pretty sure that, being a ported sub, there s no way it can come close to the rythmik’s phase response.
Attached Thumbnails
Wow!  Eve Audio TS108 Sub!-7bdb4e3c-5d6e-4063-be7c-669300aa498d.jpeg   Wow!  Eve Audio TS108 Sub!-caa8f680-188d-422f-886e-83ffeb4fdcd0.jpeg  
Old 5th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeKBoT View Post
Here you go :-)
Without the remote, there must be a way.

Matti
Old 5th May 2019
Quote:
Without the remote, there must be a way.

Matti
Yep, bottom knob is Sub Volume, top knob is System Volume
Old 5th May 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks, but nothing happens, as I said I'm stupid or at least feel so because of this....
I did read the manual

Matti
Old 5th May 2019
Quote:
Thanks, but nothing happens, as I said I'm stupid or at least feel so because of this....
I did read the manual

Matti
You should try the settings on the Sub itself to see if the Sub itself is faulty or may just the remote.
Old 5th May 2019
For those who might have concerns or still struggling with added hiss since incorporating an Eve sub. I had the same issue when I fist set everything up with my TS108. I contacted Eve support and they advised the below. I gave it a go, and yes no more hiss! . I'm very happy with this sub, it has been a great addition to my set up, to offload low frequencies from the Shapes and increase the clarity.

From Eve Support:
We recommend to set all volumes to the „0“ dB point. Indeed, the Focal Shape series doesn’t have a gain control (but the EVE´s have ;-)). If you need to put all TS108 gains to maximum then the internal gain of the shapes is unusual high. Please try to reduce the system volume down to „0“ dB position and adjust the Sub level so that it fits to the shapes.
Reducing the system volume will decrease noise level also

So basically don't turn the Sub to full gain, set it at 0 and then set your sub level from there.
Old 6th May 2019
Gear Nut

Anyone had issue with a vibrating noise around the control panel on the front? I am suspecting it comes from the rotary knobs on the front.
Old 6th May 2019
Quote:
I did read the manual

Matti
I think i know what could be the problem.
Check at the back of the unit, there should be an area where you can Lock/Unlock the settings, it's a row of mini switches :-)
Old 6th May 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks every one, it was one of the dip switches not properly set to on and I didn't see it under the studio table with my old eyes.

Matti
Old 6th May 2019
Quote:
Thanks every one, it was one of the dip switches not properly set to on and I didn't see it under the studio table with my old eyes.

Matti
Well when I first got mine and powered it on....... Nothing! Check cables and everything, try turning knobs and pushing buttons on the remote.. nothing....

Called the retailer and tell I want to return it, it's dead!

Then looked at it from another angle and noticed a little red glowing LED... Ahhh I see, it is on I just need to learn how to adjust the settings to get volume. Duhh

Had to call the retailer back and cancel the courier and own up to my school boy error lol.
Old 27th September 2019
Lives for gear

Chiming it to say that my TS108 arrived today. I gave it 4-5 hours of break-in and then worked with it for about 90 minutes.

Coming from the Adam sub8 (which is very good), the Eve is (to my ears) much tighter and much easier to integrate. This is just an initial impression, but I'm happy with the upgrade. The remote functions are also massively better than the Adam - having the ability to bypass the sub, mute the system, and swap phase from the listening position is simply another level of functionality altogether from the very rudimentary Adam remote.

I have the system level at 0db and the sub level (calibrated to match satellites) at roughly 10:30. No hiss at this point at all, and plenty of headroom for my space.

The 207 pair of mains should arrive either tomorrow or Saturday. Will report back.
Old 14th October 2019
Lives for gear

So the SC207s arrived the following day. Sorry for the delay in reporting that here. I got everything setup that afternoon, and I played program material through the entire system for the better part of two days before mixing on them.

Lovely pair of monitors. I'm quite chuffed with the decision to go to an all-Eve primary monitoring solution. I still have the Equator D5s as a direct field option for traveling as well as having them positioned/wired in the studio as secondary "mono check" option while mixing to verify that phase and translation to smaller speakers remains solid.

All in all, I'm pleased at this point (still in the honeymoon, but I do have about two weeks of time on them now). I'm finding the SC207s to be exceptionally clear and revealing. They also have plenty of low end response - they would, I'm sure, be just fine on their own for my purposes. That said, it's good to have the TS108 sub working alongside them and allowing all the drivers in the system to work in their sweet spot with relative ease.

I should add that I have zero hiss on any of these (SC207s or the TS108). I am not, of course, driving the sub hard - which probably contributes to the lack of ancillary noise given the discussion/posts above.
Old 29th October 2019
Here for the gear

Hey guys,

I just recently paired a TS108 with my Neumann KH120's and have to say I've been extremely impressed so far with the sub, it's added a whole new lease of life to the Neumann's and it's great to have the option of muting the sub whenever you require it.

The manual has done a good job of confusing me however:

''Generally speaking, the Sat. Filter should be engaged (default setting). If
inactive, for example, when the satellite speakers cannot reproduce the
frequency range below 80 Hz, the Sat Flat LED lights on and the audio
signal is not filtered.''

Now should i take this to mean that if the 'Sat Flat' LED is on, does this mean that the satellite filter is off and not filtering the Neumann's below 80hz?

Thanks!
Old 29th October 2019
Lives for gear

Yep

Matti
Old 29th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaknam View Post
Hey guys,

I just recently paired a TS108 with my Neumann KH120's and have to say I've been extremely impressed so far with the sub, it's added a whole new lease of life to the Neumann's and it's great to have the option of muting the sub whenever you require it.

The manual has done a good job of confusing me however:

''Generally speaking, the Sat. Filter should be engaged (default setting). If
inactive, for example, when the satellite speakers cannot reproduce the
frequency range below 80 Hz, the Sat Flat LED lights on and the audio
signal is not filtered.''

Now should i take this to mean that if the 'Sat Flat' LED is on, does this mean that the satellite filter is off and not filtering the Neumann's below 80hz?

Thanks!
Yep, really impressed with the TS108 and KH120 combo here
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaknam View Post
Hey guys,

This (the ability to do the A/B thing with the remote easily) really makes the Eve sub standout in a crowded field of offerings. I am quite impressed with the way the remote integrates into the studio's monitoring workflow.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

How would I hook one of these up to my Amphion One15 and Amphion Amp100? The One15's dont have XLR inputs - its speaker wire from the amp. The amp does however have XLR inputs. Would my signal flow be:

Out of my desk > into TS108 XLR > into XLRs on the amp from the TS > speaker wire from the amp to the monitors.

Any help greatly appreciated. This looks like a great cost effective sub solution.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdee View Post
How would I hook one of these up to my Amphion One15 and Amphion Amp100? The One15's dont have XLR inputs - its speaker wire from the amp. The amp does however have XLR inputs. Would my signal flow be:

Out of my desk > into TS108 XLR > into XLRs on the amp from the TS > speaker wire from the amp to the monitors.

Any help greatly appreciated. This looks like a great cost effective sub solution.
This. If you think about it, this is exactly what is happening with powered speakers from Eve (or any other manufacturer). The XLR outputs on the sub are sending signal to the powered speakers' onboard amplifiers (XLR inputs on the satellites). These then power the satellite drivers (through speaker wire from amp to driver). You're doing the same thing, just using an offboard amp.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
This. If you think about it, this is exactly what is happening with powered speakers from Eve (or any other manufacturer). The XLR outputs on the sub are sending signal to the powered speakers' onboard amplifiers (XLR inputs on the satellites). These then power the satellite drivers (through speaker wire from amp to driver). You're doing the same thing, just using an offboard amp.
Thanks man. The Amphion amp is 100w per channel ( 2 channels) . Do you think the TS108 is well matched being 150w? Or should I look at something else in the range?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdee View Post
Thanks man. The Amphion amp is 100w per channel ( 2 channels) . Do you think the TS108 is well matched being 150w? Or should I look at something else in the range?
You're going to be just fine. The XLR out on the TS108 is a pass-through design for the signal, and the next "unit" to see that signal is the amplifier for your Amphions. The TS isn't trying to do the amplification "work" for your satellites/amp - keep in mind the TS108 is most often paired with SC205's. The amps inside the 205's are 100w as well (each, split between woofer and tweeter).

That setup should be very nice. Take your time and 1) position your sub optimally (google this...there are several ways to do it, and it very well might be the case that the sub needs to go somewhere you didn't expect - all dependent on your room acoustics, etc.; and 2) calibrate your outputs with a good SPL meter and some pink noise. Then check this calibration with some reference tracks you trust. Typically a sub (in a studio environment) is just extending your frequency response for mixing as well as taking the "load" of the lowest octave and a half or so off the satellites. This allows the smaller speakers to "breathe" a bit and hopefully better represent the troublesome midrange frequencies during mixing.

Of course, even having a sub is very controversial (here on the forum and in the "real studio world") - if you don't place it well, you can do more harm than good. Just take your time (and yes, you might need to crawl around on the floor a bit while testing out different positions for the TS108). If you have your room acoustically modeled well, you'll have a headstart on this process.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search