The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wow! Eve Audio TS108 Sub!
Old 5th May 2019
  #31
Lives for gear
 
Matti's Avatar
Just yesterday bought TS108 for a good price, but stupid as I am I cannot find how to adjust the sub level against the system level

Matti
Old 5th May 2019
  #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti View Post
Just yesterday bought TS108 for a good price, but stupid as I am I cannot find how to adjust the sub level against the system level

Matti

Here you go :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Wow!  Eve Audio TS108 Sub!-screen-shot-2019-05-05-15.35.26.png  
Old 5th May 2019
  #33
mrc
Lives for gear
There are other good options in this price range, one of them being rythmik audio. For the same price they have a 12” servo sub with class a-b 370w amp and lots of options for integrating.
I m not affiliated with them in any way, i m just a very happy customer and i think they have a really good price/quality ratio.
Ps: i have attached my measurement of the rythmik and the published eve response.
I can t seem to find a phase response for the eve, but i m pretty sure that, being a ported sub, there s no way it can come close to the rythmik’s phase response.
Attached Thumbnails
Wow!  Eve Audio TS108 Sub!-7bdb4e3c-5d6e-4063-be7c-669300aa498d.jpeg   Wow!  Eve Audio TS108 Sub!-caa8f680-188d-422f-886e-83ffeb4fdcd0.jpeg  
Old 5th May 2019
  #34
Lives for gear
 
Matti's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeKBoT View Post
Here you go :-)
Without the remote, there must be a way.

Matti
Old 5th May 2019
  #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti View Post
Without the remote, there must be a way.

Matti
Yep, bottom knob is Sub Volume, top knob is System Volume
Old 5th May 2019
  #36
Lives for gear
 
Matti's Avatar
Thanks, but nothing happens, as I said I'm stupid or at least feel so because of this....
I did read the manual

Matti
Old 5th May 2019
  #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti View Post
Thanks, but nothing happens, as I said I'm stupid or at least feel so because of this....
I did read the manual

Matti
You should try the settings on the Sub itself to see if the Sub itself is faulty or may just the remote.
Old 5th May 2019
  #38
For those who might have concerns or still struggling with added hiss since incorporating an Eve sub. I had the same issue when I fist set everything up with my TS108. I contacted Eve support and they advised the below. I gave it a go, and yes no more hiss! . I'm very happy with this sub, it has been a great addition to my set up, to offload low frequencies from the Shapes and increase the clarity.

From Eve Support:
We recommend to set all volumes to the „0“ dB point. Indeed, the Focal Shape series doesn’t have a gain control (but the EVE´s have ;-)). If you need to put all TS108 gains to maximum then the internal gain of the shapes is unusual high. Please try to reduce the system volume down to „0“ dB position and adjust the Sub level so that it fits to the shapes.
Reducing the system volume will decrease noise level also
.


So basically don't turn the Sub to full gain, set it at 0 and then set your sub level from there.
Old 6th May 2019
  #39
Gear Nut
 

Anyone had issue with a vibrating noise around the control panel on the front? I am suspecting it comes from the rotary knobs on the front.
Old 6th May 2019
  #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti View Post
Thanks, but nothing happens, as I said I'm stupid or at least feel so because of this....
I did read the manual

Matti
I think i know what could be the problem.
Check at the back of the unit, there should be an area where you can Lock/Unlock the settings, it's a row of mini switches :-)
Old 6th May 2019
  #41
Lives for gear
 
Matti's Avatar
Thanks every one, it was one of the dip switches not properly set to on and I didn't see it under the studio table with my old eyes.

Matti
Old 6th May 2019
  #42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti View Post
Thanks every one, it was one of the dip switches not properly set to on and I didn't see it under the studio table with my old eyes.

Matti
Well when I first got mine and powered it on....... Nothing! Check cables and everything, try turning knobs and pushing buttons on the remote.. nothing....

Called the retailer and tell I want to return it, it's dead!

Then looked at it from another angle and noticed a little red glowing LED... Ahhh I see, it is on I just need to learn how to adjust the settings to get volume. Duhh

Had to call the retailer back and cancel the courier and own up to my school boy error lol.
Old 27th September 2019
  #43
Lives for gear
 
vicenzajay's Avatar
Chiming it to say that my TS108 arrived today. I gave it 4-5 hours of break-in and then worked with it for about 90 minutes.

Coming from the Adam sub8 (which is very good), the Eve is (to my ears) much tighter and much easier to integrate. This is just an initial impression, but I'm happy with the upgrade. The remote functions are also massively better than the Adam - having the ability to bypass the sub, mute the system, and swap phase from the listening position is simply another level of functionality altogether from the very rudimentary Adam remote.

I have the system level at 0db and the sub level (calibrated to match satellites) at roughly 10:30. No hiss at this point at all, and plenty of headroom for my space.

The 207 pair of mains should arrive either tomorrow or Saturday. Will report back.
Old 14th October 2019
  #44
Lives for gear
 
vicenzajay's Avatar
So the SC207s arrived the following day. Sorry for the delay in reporting that here. I got everything setup that afternoon, and I played program material through the entire system for the better part of two days before mixing on them.

Lovely pair of monitors. I'm quite chuffed with the decision to go to an all-Eve primary monitoring solution. I still have the Equator D5s as a direct field option for traveling as well as having them positioned/wired in the studio as secondary "mono check" option while mixing to verify that phase and translation to smaller speakers remains solid.

All in all, I'm pleased at this point (still in the honeymoon, but I do have about two weeks of time on them now). I'm finding the SC207s to be exceptionally clear and revealing. They also have plenty of low end response - they would, I'm sure, be just fine on their own for my purposes. That said, it's good to have the TS108 sub working alongside them and allowing all the drivers in the system to work in their sweet spot with relative ease.

I should add that I have zero hiss on any of these (SC207s or the TS108). I am not, of course, driving the sub hard - which probably contributes to the lack of ancillary noise given the discussion/posts above.
Old 29th October 2019
  #45
Here for the gear
 

Hey guys,

I just recently paired a TS108 with my Neumann KH120's and have to say I've been extremely impressed so far with the sub, it's added a whole new lease of life to the Neumann's and it's great to have the option of muting the sub whenever you require it.

The manual has done a good job of confusing me however:

''Generally speaking, the Sat. Filter should be engaged (default setting). If
inactive, for example, when the satellite speakers cannot reproduce the
frequency range below 80 Hz, the Sat Flat LED lights on and the audio
signal is not filtered.''

Now should i take this to mean that if the 'Sat Flat' LED is on, does this mean that the satellite filter is off and not filtering the Neumann's below 80hz?

Thanks!
Old 29th October 2019
  #46
Lives for gear
 
Matti's Avatar
Yep

Matti
Old 29th October 2019
  #47
Lives for gear
 
dickiefunk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaknam View Post
Hey guys,

I just recently paired a TS108 with my Neumann KH120's and have to say I've been extremely impressed so far with the sub, it's added a whole new lease of life to the Neumann's and it's great to have the option of muting the sub whenever you require it.

The manual has done a good job of confusing me however:

''Generally speaking, the Sat. Filter should be engaged (default setting). If
inactive, for example, when the satellite speakers cannot reproduce the
frequency range below 80 Hz, the Sat Flat LED lights on and the audio
signal is not filtered.''

Now should i take this to mean that if the 'Sat Flat' LED is on, does this mean that the satellite filter is off and not filtering the Neumann's below 80hz?

Thanks!
Yep, really impressed with the TS108 and KH120 combo here
Old 13th November 2019
  #48
Lives for gear
 
vicenzajay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaknam View Post
Hey guys,

I just recently paired a TS108 with my Neumann KH120's and have to say I've been extremely impressed so far with the sub, it's added a whole new lease of life to the Neumann's and it's great to have the option of muting the sub whenever you require it.
This (the ability to do the A/B thing with the remote easily) really makes the Eve sub standout in a crowded field of offerings. I am quite impressed with the way the remote integrates into the studio's monitoring workflow.
Old 4th December 2019
  #49
Gear Head
 

How would I hook one of these up to my Amphion One15 and Amphion Amp100? The One15's dont have XLR inputs - its speaker wire from the amp. The amp does however have XLR inputs. Would my signal flow be:

Out of my desk > into TS108 XLR > into XLRs on the amp from the TS > speaker wire from the amp to the monitors.

Any help greatly appreciated. This looks like a great cost effective sub solution.
Old 4th December 2019
  #50
Lives for gear
 
vicenzajay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdee View Post
How would I hook one of these up to my Amphion One15 and Amphion Amp100? The One15's dont have XLR inputs - its speaker wire from the amp. The amp does however have XLR inputs. Would my signal flow be:

Out of my desk > into TS108 XLR > into XLRs on the amp from the TS > speaker wire from the amp to the monitors.

Any help greatly appreciated. This looks like a great cost effective sub solution.
This. If you think about it, this is exactly what is happening with powered speakers from Eve (or any other manufacturer). The XLR outputs on the sub are sending signal to the powered speakers' onboard amplifiers (XLR inputs on the satellites). These then power the satellite drivers (through speaker wire from amp to driver). You're doing the same thing, just using an offboard amp.
Old 4th December 2019
  #51
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
This. If you think about it, this is exactly what is happening with powered speakers from Eve (or any other manufacturer). The XLR outputs on the sub are sending signal to the powered speakers' onboard amplifiers (XLR inputs on the satellites). These then power the satellite drivers (through speaker wire from amp to driver). You're doing the same thing, just using an offboard amp.
Thanks man. The Amphion amp is 100w per channel ( 2 channels) . Do you think the TS108 is well matched being 150w? Or should I look at something else in the range?
Old 5th December 2019
  #52
Lives for gear
 
vicenzajay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdee View Post
Thanks man. The Amphion amp is 100w per channel ( 2 channels) . Do you think the TS108 is well matched being 150w? Or should I look at something else in the range?
You're going to be just fine. The XLR out on the TS108 is a pass-through design for the signal, and the next "unit" to see that signal is the amplifier for your Amphions. The TS isn't trying to do the amplification "work" for your satellites/amp - keep in mind the TS108 is most often paired with SC205's. The amps inside the 205's are 100w as well (each, split between woofer and tweeter).

That setup should be very nice. Take your time and 1) position your sub optimally (google this...there are several ways to do it, and it very well might be the case that the sub needs to go somewhere you didn't expect - all dependent on your room acoustics, etc.; and 2) calibrate your outputs with a good SPL meter and some pink noise. Then check this calibration with some reference tracks you trust. Typically a sub (in a studio environment) is just extending your frequency response for mixing as well as taking the "load" of the lowest octave and a half or so off the satellites. This allows the smaller speakers to "breathe" a bit and hopefully better represent the troublesome midrange frequencies during mixing.

Of course, even having a sub is very controversial (here on the forum and in the "real studio world") - if you don't place it well, you can do more harm than good. Just take your time (and yes, you might need to crawl around on the floor a bit while testing out different positions for the TS108). If you have your room acoustically modeled well, you'll have a headstart on this process.

Hope this helps.
Old 18th June 2020
  #53
Gear Maniac
 

I have a question about the TS108's high-pass filter for satellites.

I'm considering the Eve Audio TS108. I would be augmenting my modest 170 mm driver nearfields. (They are 2-way monitors with brand name "Pro-X": a short-lived brand created by a former Genelec engineer, they have a quoted frequency response of 50–20 000 Hz +/- 3 dB.)

Is it a potential problem that the TS108's "satellite" high-pass filter is hard-wired at 80 Hz? What if another frequency would suit my speakers better? Or is 80 Hz a good universal compromise for most nearfields?

Thanks for any thoughts!
Old 18th June 2020
  #54
Lives for gear
 
vicenzajay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflake View Post
I have a question about the TS108's high-pass filter for satellites.

I'm considering the Eve Audio TS108. I would be augmenting my modest 170 mm driver nearfields. (They are 2-way monitors with brand name "Pro-X": a short-lived brand created by a former Genelec engineer, they have a quoted frequency response of 50–20 000 Hz +/- 3 dB.)

Is it a potential problem that the TS108's "satellite" high-pass filter is hard-wired at 80 Hz? What if another frequency would suit my speakers better? Or is 80 Hz a good universal compromise for most nearfields?

Thanks for any thoughts!
I think you'll be just fine with the 80hz crossover point. As it's not a PA system for live music (where I would tend to send somewhere between 90 and 105 hz to the subs), the crossover at 80 allows the TS sub to do it's job on the lower octave while still allowing a relatively full mix (when you consider first harmonics) to be represented by your near-fields. Not having to reproduce those fundamentals below 80 hz allows the midrange response to "relax" somewhat - given you a better, more coherent image of what's happening there.

The Adams subs I had were hardwired to cross over at 85hz - it's probably a placebo thing, but I prefer the 80hz of the Eve.
Old 18th June 2020
  #55
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
I think you'll be just fine with the 80hz crossover point. As it's not a PA system for live music (where I would tend to send somewhere between 90 and 105 hz to the subs), the crossover at 80 allows the TS sub to do it's job on the lower octave while still allowing a relatively full mix (when you consider first harmonics) to be represented by your near-fields. Not having to reproduce those fundamentals below 80 hz allows the midrange response to "relax" somewhat - given you a better, more coherent image of what's happening there.

The Adams subs I had were hardwired to cross over at 85hz - it's probably a placebo thing, but I prefer the 80hz of the Eve.
Thanks vicenzajay! Interesting, so it's not a big deal then.

A random thought: the Eve sub also has a low-pass filter for the sub signal that's set to 80 Hz by default, but it can be set to 60 Hz. But at 60 Hz there'd be a gap in the spectrum, right?
Old 19th June 2020
  #56
Lives for gear
 
vicenzajay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflake View Post
Thanks vicenzajay! Interesting, so it's not a big deal then.

A random thought: the Eve sub also has a low-pass filter for the sub signal that's set to 80 Hz by default, but it can be set to 60 Hz. But at 60 Hz there'd be a gap in the spectrum, right?
Not sure...I don't even pay attention to the 60 hz thing.
Old 25th July 2020
  #57
Here for the gear
 
Lolito's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflake View Post
Thanks vicenzajay! Interesting, so it's not a big deal then.

A random thought: the Eve sub also has a low-pass filter for the sub signal that's set to 80 Hz by default, but it can be set to 60 Hz. But at 60 Hz there'd be a gap in the spectrum, right?
Right, there would would be a gap in this case. Set both to 80Hz and there will be no gap and no overlap.

I found this sub used at a very nice price. I really like the flexibility and features of these eve sub's. I have adam a7x speakers. Adam subs do not have so much features in the front and remote, it's all at the back, lacking options on the remote, no foot switch from sub 8... Adam should improve their sub game. Also, that passive radiator is supposed to be great for music, better than a bass reflex port, in theory.

My only concern; how is the signal that goes to the satellites. Is it really untoched, with or without the crossover. As far as i know, eve use dsp digital crossover... Am i right here? What is the sample bit and freq for this dsp thing? Should i just not worry about it?

Thanks a lot!!!
Old 25th July 2020
  #58
Lives for gear
 
vicenzajay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolito View Post
Right, there would would be a gap in this case. Set both to 80Hz and there will be no gap and no overlap.

I found this sub used at a very nice price. I really like the flexibility and features of these eve sub's. I have adam a7x speakers. Adam subs do not have so much features in the front and remote, it's all at the back, lacking options on the remote, no foot switch from sub 8... Adam should improve their sub game. Also, that passive radiator is supposed to be great for music, better than a bass reflex port, in theory.

My only concern; how is the signal that goes to the satellites. Is it really untouched, with or without the crossover. As far as i know, eve use dsp digital crossover... Am i right here? What is the sample bit and freq for this dsp thing? Should i just not worry about it?

Thanks a lot!!!
So I'm not going to have technical specs - but I can say that I notice no issue with the pass-through signal. It can be easily A/B'd by bypassing the sub (which then throws a full freq signal directly to the satellites). I've never perceived any difference (other than, of course, the increased bass response in the satellites when the subwoofer is bypassed).
Old 25th July 2020
  #59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolito View Post

My only concern; how is the signal that goes to the satellites. Is it really untoched, with or without the crossover. As far as i know, eve use dsp digital crossover... Am i right here? What is the sample bit and freq for this dsp thing? Should i just not worry about it?

Thanks a lot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
So I'm not going to have technical specs - but I can say that I notice no issue with the pass-through signal. It can be easily A/B'd by bypassing the sub (which then throws a full freq signal directly to the satellites). I've never perceived any difference (other than, of course, the increased bass response in the satellites when the subwoofer is bypassed).
Same here no perceived change or loss in audio quality to the mains.
Old 1 week ago
  #60
Here for the gear
 
Lolito's Avatar
 

thanks for the help, found somewhere the specs of the eve conversion, I think it is 24bits 192Khz, so really high, but still, lower than DSD, I often listen to 24 96Khz music, ad DSD a lot too, it's like my most similar to vinyl experience, better than vinyl for me, but of course, has to be a proper recording that used hi res from the beginining... anyways...

Still, very convenient features the EVE subs, really good. Lot of people complaining about them also I found out, lot of people complaining when the dsp dials do not work as they should...
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 445 views: 115917
Avatar for Precursor
Precursor 5 days ago
replies: 4 views: 1144
Avatar for domycastellano
domycastellano 20th July 2019
replies: 3 views: 840
Avatar for peter.m.junior
peter.m.junior 18th January 2020
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump